• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    When I was a teen. Not driving yet. We'd trick or treat and keep an eye out for old man Sellers.
    He had no car. He had a flatbed cart and a horse. We'd pile on the cart ( no more than 4 of us ) and he'd tote us all over town trick or treating. When we were done, we'd thank him and hop off. Small town. Maybe 1000 residents per cencus back then.
    Ain't much bigger now. That's a Halloween that's probably gone for good.

Watching Small town America die and being replaced with this so called "progress" is the saddest thing I have ever seen, damned shame really , but with that said and on topic, I live way to far off the road for any trick or treaters so I guess I will have a couple shots of George Dickel and head upstairs
    Talk to yall in the morning.
    Best/joe
    Military Camp

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    88 candy bars distributed and the night is over. The new demographic shift in my area is clearly trending towards families with kids and away from the retirees who moved here in the 1970s.

Sushi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2014
    Dripping Springs, TX
    We had the opposite problem. We bought a ridiculous amount of candy since we're in the child breeding capital of Texas. Ironically, we had maybe 20 kids show up! WTH man? Now I've two huge mixing bowls full of candy and no one to give it to. Guess there's nothing left to do but take one for the team. Gonna find a pair of pants with an elastic waistband, crack a cold one, and eat candy until I develop diabeetis.

Last edited:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    We hauled the candy in and got to ride the fire truck at the station.

Then we hung out back at the house. Let the kids stay up and eat candy til they passed out around midnight. They got up looking like they have candy hangovers this AM. LOL

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    We had THREE kids who were dressed in costumes and "Trick Or Treating" The kids were from a rent house at the end of the street and were new to our neighborhood.

I didn't have any candy but had a roll of quarters in my car. We gave out quarters to each kid.

Flash

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Ghillie suit, best Halloween costume ever!

IMG_4249.jpg

Just stand in the bushes, then when kids walk up to get candy, simply reach out and tap them on the shoulder. Scares the snot out of 'em!

IMG_4250.jpg

Cheers! M2

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    We had the opposite problem. We bought a ridiculous amount of candy since we're in the child breeding capital of Texas. Ironically, we had maybe 20 kids show up! WTH man? Now I've two huge mixing bowls full of candy and no one to give it to. Guess there's nothing left to do but take one for the team. Gonna find a pair of pants with an elastic waistband, crack a cold one, and eat candy until I develop diabeetis.

Your in Dripping Springs. If I were you I would've given out mini bottles of vodka.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Here's my boys in their costumes. All made by my wife (most of the Captain America costume) and me (Cap's gloves, shield, belt and helmet, and all of the Colonial Marine armor and equipment)

10389512_10205136318546641_7940970231090417341_n.jpg

10389512_10205136318706645_7964345387814658510_n.jpg

Top Bottom