• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I'd find out when your local net are. Our repeaters here can be pretty quiet most of the day, but I'll occasionally catch a ragchew. This all reminds me that I need a new rig for the mobile. My crappy HT doesn't really cut it.

Sandoval,

Other than for a substitute for an intercom, I have little use for an HT. - I gave the last one that I bought some years ago to K4KXK, before I left VA.

My PREFERENCE in mobiles is a LMR converted to ham bands.
    (I'm about to buy a converted MIDLAND 70-482B, that has 96 channels. - The vendor will reprogram it for me & cut it back to about 50-60W output, so that I don't open repeaters from TX to FL.)

just my OPINIONS, satx
    Military Camp

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    avvidclif,

I've always wanted to ask someone & you're "elected": WHY the H do ham-fest committees insist on starting ham-fests so darned early in the AM??
    (I go to bed about 0300 & usually sleep till 1000.)

yours, satx

satx,

Yeah, I wonder the same. Here's a thought, meeting folks prior to the Belton hamfest for breakfast. If you are interested I will post details. Just don't go to bed!!!! LOL

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Ranger60,

NOT this year. = I have a long-standing whole day planned with my adult daughter here on Saturday starting about 0900 for shopping, lunch, afternoon movie & dinner.
    (Due to her work schedule & the fact that we live over 75 miles apart, I seldom get to spend the day with her.)

yours, satx

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    News tidbit for those around Hoston. There are a couple of new repeaters on the air in the Friendswood/Alvin area.

These are part of the Texas Youth Amateur Radio Club and have callsign KD5GR.

http://www.tyarc.org/

147.120 (+) tone 167.9

444.875 (+) tone 123.0

These were put up Saturday 3/30/19.

They should cover northern Brazoria, northern Galveston and southeast Harris Counties.

Give them a try!

Top Bottom