• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CJGarza

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    A bit of background...I have my CHL. I practice, but I know not enough though, and just because I can hit the "10" ring in my target at 7 yards does NOT mean I have skills or training I can draw aupon to defend myself! I don't want to practice crappy skills, I want to learn real life skills that work. What I'm looking for is classes for beginners (I have NEVER taken classes before and am not arrogant enough to presume I should begin at a higher level) in pistol self defense (mabe shotgun later).

There are some classes at my favorite range, The Bullethole. Has anyone taken one of these? I did get my CHL training there but now that I have this resource (forum) I'd like to ask my fellow Texans if they have any advice.
    Military Camp

CJGarza

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    Oh, I finally got it. GTG= Texas Gun Talk! I'm an idiot, I admit it!!

Oh and sure someone get the DVD's, I'll get the beer. All we need is a BBQ pit and someone to bring the steaks!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Oh, I finally got it. GTG= Texas Gun Talk! I'm an idiot, I admit it!!

Oh and sure someone get the DVD's, I'll get the beer. All we need is a BBQ pit and someone to bring the steaks!

Travis (HK_Fiend) has the DVD's, we just need a date / time, and location.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If anyone is interested, I am willing to work with anyone who wants to improve their skills. I shoot at Lone Star Gun Range in Lockhart, and I do not charge anything.{ I also do not work with large groups, 4 or less at a time}

LSGR allows drawing from the holster, engaging multiple targets, and moving and shooting.{ As long as range conditions allow, IE not a lot of shooters present}

Some of the people here have met me and know that I am not FOS. I am off work every other Friday -Monday and spend quite a bit of time training.

CJGarza

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    That's not too far from me! Let me check my work schedule I will definitly take you up on your offer (and probably buy you lunch for your trouble at least)!!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Cool. My next weekend will be Friday the 19th-Monday the 22nd. Mondays are the slowest day and Friday's in the morning are pretty good. Sat/Sun are getting pretty busy with deer season being just around the corner, but early in the day is still kinda slow{till about 10 or 11}.

You do have to pay your range fees{ $17 the first time then $ 12 per day after that or $70 for a yearly pass and $65 the next year, unless he raises the yearly rate.}

CJGarza

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    I will definitly verify tomorrow but it will be a Friday!

Thanks.

BTW if anyone else wants to get in on this, jump in! Jus member, only 4 and I'm numba 1 !!!!!

You gotta love those smilies, right?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hoji, I definitely want to take you up on that. Lately I'm just not having much time with work since they have me slaving away on most weekends. ;) I really want to start practicing shooting on the move the most. The short IDPA-style competition we did at Shiloh in Houston a few weeks ago was a real eye opener. I mean I knew it would be a bit harder than it seemed, and definitely not nearly as easy as shooting stationary on a square range. Though even at ~7yds, with movement thrown in my shots were ridiculously far apart, more so than I would have thought. Yep, handgun proficiency sure does take a lot of practice! ;)

Top Bottom