• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    That's Statist nonsense. Power does not equal moral authority. I could list many governments that harmed their people under "rule of law".
    Well, you can do whatever you want to do; whether your actions comply with the Texas Penal Code is irrelevant until your charged.

Then it's up to your peers and/or the DA whether you go to trial. Then, your peers or a judge (your choice) will determine if your actions comstituted criminal behavior or not.

Whether you agree with it or not, that's due process according to the state and U.S. Constitutions.

In practice, statutes legally empower government with moral authority on particular subjects unless deemed unconstitutional.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Even as a long term Republican I'll gladly admit preferring Obama to Il Donald but Obama was not eligible to run for President again.

However, that still has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that there is no evidence that men in the female restroom or socialized medicine are not reasonable.

The closet Dimcrat just came out....

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Well, you can do whatever you want to do; whether your actions comply with the Texas Penal Code is irrelevant until your charged.

Then it's up to your peers and/or the DA whether you go to trial. Then, your peers or a judge (your choice) will determine if your actions comstituted criminal behavior or not.

Whether you agree with it or not, that's due process according to the state and U.S. Constitutions.

In practice, statutes legally empower government with moral authority on particular subjects unless deemed unconstitutional.

Not sure what your point is. And I disagree that statutes empower anybody with moral authority.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I wish we could get this thread back on track, or ... closed.

Another reason why IWB holsters suck. You can't get to the piece while driving, and they drag on the ground in... other situations, you couldn't get to them either. Constant unholstering and reholstering!

9rEq0dc.png

See, I'm trying to get back on topic.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    My IWB holster ain't dragging on a bathroom floor. Depending on the situation, sometime the gun comes out or sometimes the holster comes off. You make it sound like drawing and re=holstering is a bad thing. To bring this all back together, I don't crap in the open or while driving. It's safer that way.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "take a deuce" he said - Nuh -uh, one 'leaves' a deuce...

and Jar, doncha feel kinda icky being a commie and all?

I have a friend who says if the obama word nasty is mentioned in his house, it's all right to immediately spit on the floor.

Me, I just puke - whoops, here I go!!!!!!

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    The closet Dimcrat just came out....
    But I am a registered Republican and have been one Kennedy was President.

Reality trumps uninformed responses.

In the US we vote for the individual rather than just the Party although the US system seems to be moving more and more towards the English Parliamentary system and further away from the traditional US system.

There were some Republican candidates I voted for in the last half dozen elections or so but increasingly since Ronald Reagan the Republican positions have been difficult to support.

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    That's Statist nonsense. Power does not equal moral authority. I could list many governments that harmed their people under "rule of law".
    Moral and legal authority are not related in any way. Even the US government has harmed their people under "Rule of Law" but the solution is to change the laws and in the US there is even a process to do just that.

Back in the 1960s I was fired and blackballed for supporting Civil Rights, for demonstrating by breaking laws that I firmly believed were unjust. I lost the ability to find work in my professions in that town. Others were jailed, several beaten.

As I said above there might be valid reasons to disobey the laws BUT you must understand that doing so includes risks of being sanctioned.

In the US we elect representatives at the Federal, State and Local levels and they are charged to create a legal framework. If we feel that the representatives did not act reasonably then we can petition to get the laws change, vote to change the representatives or challenge the reasonableness of the laws through the court system. However until the laws are changed they are still the law.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Moral and legal authority are not related in any way. Even the US government has harmed their people under "Rule of Law" but the solution is to change the laws and in the US there is even a process to do just that.

Back in the 1960s I was fired and blackballed for supporting Civil Rights, for demonstrating by breaking laws that I firmly believed were unjust. I lost the ability to find work in my professions in that town. Others were jailed, several beaten.

As I said above there might be valid reasons to disobey the laws BUT you must understand that doing so includes risks of being sanctioned.

In the US we elect representatives at the Federal, State and Local levels and they are charged to create a legal framework. If we feel that the representatives did not act reasonably then we can petition to get the laws change, vote to change the representatives or challenge the reasonableness of the laws through the court system. However until the laws are changed they are still the law.

I also took Government in college. We're having two separate discussions here, so let's agree to let it go.

Top Bottom