• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    It is irrelevant what I personally think are reasonable rather it is a matter of what we as the society have decided is reasonable. Of course that varies from State to State, Local to Local and even event to event.

The reasonable restrictions are those outlined in current laws and regulations.

I see what you are saying but just because something is on the books as law does not make it reasonable. When we allow society in general to decide what is reasonable, you end up with men in the female restroom and socialized medicine. Half the population can't even vote correctly and the law is gonna be based on who these yahoos elect to represent them? My point being you can have bad unreasonable law and as I stated early on in the thread, the legislature should probably revisit this in the upcoming session.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I completely agree with Sharkey's points.

One of the points: Restrooms and opposite sex's desire to use them - disgusting and perhaps a reason to be arrested and jailed.

Don't tell me just because you (as a male) wear lipstick/makeup/women's clothing/ you are a legitimate woman - You aren't if your DNA says you aren't.....and woman who pretend to be men, puhleeze, gimme a break. If you aren't a man - you simply aren't. Accept it and move on......

Fake females, stay the hell out of women's bathrooms/locker rooms/ and any other place your factual gender says you don't belong no matter how loud you scream -"I am woman, hear me roar"!!

No, you are first mentally challenged and secondly a fraud.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I completely agree with Sharkey's points.

One of the points: Restrooms and opposite sex's desire to use them - disgusting and perhaps a reason to be arrested and jailed.

Don't tell me just because you (as a male) wear lipstick/makeup/women's clothing/ you are a legitimate woman - You aren't if your DNA says you aren't.....and woman who pretend to be men, puhleeze, gimme a break. If you aren't a man - you simply aren't. Accept it and move on......

Fake females, stay the hell out of women's bathrooms/locker rooms/ and any other place your factual gender says you don't belong no matter how loud you scream -"I am woman, hear me roar"!!

No, you are first mentally challenged and secondly a fraud.
    Good post. But we just went from guns in cars to men in women's restrooms!! LMAO!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    MMM,

I've long considered buying a shoulder holster with a vertical pistol design as I'm leery of sweeping those behind me. It also just gives me the creeps to think of anyone ahead of me with a horizontal design, so my question: What model, brand, etc is the one you posed in the photo?

And thank you.

P.S. It's a great looking S.H. and one I would perhaps like to buy.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

0hQyd5L.gif

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    MMM,

I've long considered buying a shoulder holster with a vertical pistol design as I'm leery of sweeping those behind me. It also just gives me the creeps to think of anyone ahead of me with a horizontal design, so my question: What model, brand, etc is the one you posed in the photo?

And thank you.

P.S. It's a great looking S.H. and one I would perhaps like to buy.

MM

I just grabbed that pic off the ol' Interwebz, but turns out it is a Galco VHS (source). There are a variety of ones out there, I use a nylon Uncle Mike's as it originally was intended to be work under my full motorcycle leathers and the vertical direction made it easier to draw. I didn't want or need anything expensive given its use.

I do have a souvenir one I got in Sarajevo back in the 90s but it is for the Beretta M9 and is a jackass design (pointing directly backward, as named for the original Galco shoulder rig worn by Sonny Crockett (Don Johnson) in Miami Vice (history). It was also known as the Miami Classic. It was a vast improvement over the holster belt the military issued me (which had a bad tendency to jab painfully into one's lower rib cage wen jumping into a HMMWV. I bought mine on my first day in country.

However, years later when I was driving the ultimate urban assault vehicle (a Honda Odyssey minivan), I quickly realized the potential for it to point my pistol directly backwards towards where the kids were sitting. I immediately quit using it.

I occasionally use the Uncle Mike's but find with a good leather holster (Tucker & Byrd in my case), I can position it and my seat belt to make it just as readily available while I drive as a shoulder holster.

The Galco VHS isn't cheap but if I ever do look for another vertical shoulder rig, it would be the first one I would consider.

I for one am not a fan of concealing a handgun in a vehicle off-body. For one, there's too much of a chance of it flying loose during a wreck, either possible causing injury or leaving the vehicle unnoticed. Secondly, there is the possibility of forgetting it and having it stolen. I understand unlicensed individuals don't have the option to conceal carry unless they are going to or from their residence, but that should motivate them to get their LTC!

Cheers! M2

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    MMM,

Thanks for all the very valuable information.

Right now, the only should rig I have is a Kangaroo.

For an 'el cheapo' it's not bad, but I'd like to get something really nice in a vertical pointing S.H.

You've provided some great leads for me to look into.

Thanks again!!

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    It is irrelevant what I personally think are reasonable rather it is a matter of what we as the society have decided is reasonable. Of course that varies from State to State, Local to Local and even event to event.

The reasonable restrictions are those outlined in current laws and regulations.

That's just tyranny of the majority.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    When I think in terms of tyranny of the majority/minority I wonder why the majority lets the minority bully them?

Most especially in politics of all sorts.

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    I see what you are saying but just because something is on the books as law does not make it reasonable. When we allow society in general to decide what is reasonable, you end up with men in the female restroom and socialized medicine. Half the population can't even vote correctly and the law is gonna be based on who these yahoos elect to represent them? My point being you can have bad unreasonable law and as I stated early on in the thread, the legislature should probably revisit this in the upcoming session.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
    Sorry but there is no evidence that men in the female restroom or socialized medicine are not reasonable. In fact, in many areas of the world they are the norm.

If you believe a law is bad or unreasonable then the recourse in MOST cases is to get the law changed. While it might be justified breaking a law based on your beliefs you must also understand that until the law gets changed you will get sanctioned.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Good post. But we just went from guns in cars to men in women's restrooms!! LMAO!
    Didn't mean to derail thread, just trying to make a comparison.
    Truthfully, I was probably scared the thread was gonna end and I don't know anything about Japanese Restaurants or Kobe Steak.
    Good thing it's still legal to OC a pistol, a woman, and a steak......

.....for now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom