robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Maybe y'all will make the OP will re-appear. He was like a comet. Posted hard and heavy for a bit and vaporized.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    You're confusing PC with RAS. Checking for a license does not fall under either category. If a cop asks to see your CHL he'd better have some other RAS/PC or not mind being told, "No."

In Texas he can unfortunately get around this by asking to see your DL whether he has PC/RAS or not. TX law requires you to show your CHL any time a cop asks to see your DL.

Uh, what? Open handgun carry is a licensed activity and if a peace officer asks for your CHL/LTC you MUST produce it. If you are driving (a licensed activity) and a peace officer asks for your DL, you MUST produce it.

If you are not driving and are not being detained, then you can not be compelled to ID yourself.

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Ok, I'm gonna' bite, but at the present time, I'm not gonna' vote. I support OC, but do not like it and other than on my own personal property I will not, and I take extraordinary efforts to ensure that my edc does not show or print. To restrict it is the first step in removing all gun carry rights. I do feel that OC compromises personal security. If a BG enters my area of concern, and you and/or I are carrying, we/I become the BGs primary and first target. I CC just for just that reason. I make an effort to ensure that any OC I spot remains at a distance.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Ok, I'm gonna' bite, but at the present time, I'm not gonna' vote. I support OC, but do not like it and other than on my own personal property I will not, and I take extraordinary efforts to ensure that my edc does not show or print. To restrict it is the first step in removing all gun carry rights. I do feel that OC compromises personal security. If a BG enters my area of concern, and you and/or I are carrying, we/I become the BGs primary and first target. I CC just for just that reason. I make an effort to ensure that any OC I spot remains at a distance.
    Hmmm? Why?

9uc

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Hmmm? Why?

BG chooses an easy target. An armed citizen is not an easy target.

By no means am I an expert on the subject, and I'm not trying to convince someone who prefers oc to do other wise, just voicing my 2¢ worth and trying to try to respond to you question. It's by personal choice and experience through training, observation and study. Most BGs, with the possible exception of crazed street punks, don't just burst in with guns blazing, they observe and pick out targets, then attempt to take out primary targets first. Someone
    with a gun and those around he/she become the first targets.

Last edited:

Captain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    I think BG sees gun, leave and go somewhere where there are no guns. Therefore, I open carry.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I do both but primarily open carry. Depends on my mood and where we'll be and what we'll be doing. I OC my G17 in a BladeTech WRS LVLII holster mounted on a paddle mount.

As for "being a target". I don't believe at this point we truly have enough data to back up either side of the argument. I'm more inclined to believe that unless they are a mass shooter they're going to find a softer target. I have a hard time believing that Mr. Robber wants to add a murder charge to his gas station robbery. But stranger things have happened. You shouldn't be walking around in condition white anyway even when CCing. Keep an eye on your surroundings and shoulder check as necessary.

9uc

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    I think BG sees gun, leave and go somewhere where there are no guns. Therefore, I open carry.

That is your opinion.

Cap, Yes, I Pray that the BG does move on down the line & yes, it's my opinion and knowing that is why I respect your opinion and right to carry and though I disagree with OC, I do and always will support it as part of the right to carry philosophy.

Top Bottom