100_0014.jpg

100_0013.jpg
    Military Camp

ironman45693

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Austin
    You are correct sir, yes.(in your best game-show announcer voice).
    It was removed from a suspect by my grandfather* when he was the Sheriff of Ellis County Kansas many years ago, and was inherited by me.

*I just have to add how much I love(and am proud of) the man my grandfather is/was! R.I.P. CJW

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Cool, always good to have guns with history. That gun classifies as a Saturday Night Special. My grandmother has her grandmother's old revolver that I believe is chambered in .32

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Thank You Alan,

I have been shooting handguns since I was about 8, working on them for the last 25 years and semi collecting them when I can afford to. :p

I have seen several "state" forums for other states and I am a member of the TexasCHLforum.com. This forum looks to cover a broader field of gun topics and I really like that.

Mike

Oops I forgot to add my Plastic Fantastic Guns:
    My XD45 Service with a light attached
    XD45wLIGHT2.jpg

My two Taurus PT-145's
    MillProSmall.jpg

PT145STLS.jpg

Austin Cowart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Lumberton Texas
    My only one at the moment

Seems like I can never find a pistol to suit me but this one might be different. My new PT909 I have to file a new notch into the rail to get my XML where i like it! There is nothing like taking a file to a gun that is exactly 2 hours old!

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    There is nothing like taking a file to a gun that is exactly 2 hours old!

I understand your feelings completely. I cut the barrel off the 5.5" Redhawk 41mag, I had been looking for for 10 years, but only after I found a second one. Keep in mind this gun, in this caliber, is no longer made and has not been for some time. The first cut with the saw was excruciating, but every stroke with the saw thereafter got a little easier. Once the extra 1.5" fell off the barrel, I was pretty calm. Then the file work began, and I was very careful to make sure everything was true and flat. Then the biggie, cutting the crown. Done incorrectly, I would have to cut the barrel back past the crown and begin again. Once finished I was extremely proud of the outcome, and my best friend, who really chastized what I was doing, changed his mind when he saw and shot the finished work. My friend said that Ruger must have seen my gun since they now have one with a 4" barrel as well. Theirs however is in 44mag. He is so full of it. LOL
    NewSight.jpg

I also modified the front & rear frame panels of my 1977 Browning Hi Power by stippling, or in my case texturing them.
    FrontGripStippling2.jpg

RearGripStippling.jpg

Top Bottom