• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    I like the M&P's. The hole in the middle is where my Performance Center 9mm would be but my oldest boy has it temporarily.
    20220421_211709.jpg
    Lynx Defense

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    What brand of holster are you going to use for this?

I've been looking here and there, and don't seem like there are a lot of options yet.

I was going to cut one of my 1791 leather holsters to fit, but I found that they actually sell one for the M&P 2.0 with optics so I placed an order. Hopefully I'll have it by mid week, I'll post a review here when it comes in. I prefer leather over those plastic holsters, easier on the finish of the gun and they don't dig into me like the plastic ones. Sadly there really aren't too many options for optics ready pistols which is strange when you consider how popular they are. I finally decided to move over to optics after a guy I was talking with let my try his Hellcat, I was sold after a few shots.

This is the one I ordered, it may look a little different than the generic photo, I've never bought a holster from 1791 that I didn't like. I've been using their holsters for a number of years, quality is top shelf, thick leather that doesn't wear out.

Last edited:

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I like the M&P's. The hole in the middle is where my Performance Center 9mm would be but my oldest boy has it temporarily. View attachment 315350
    Nice collection! I love the M&P's too, accurate and steadfast reliable, I think they look good too. The ergonomics of this pistol is the main thing that keeps me coming back to them. I still have my first M&P full size which will soon be getting some serious upgrades. I also want to try a Shield, they look interesting, especially that 45 ACP Performance Center model.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Here's my new Gucci M&P 2.0 Compact. :green: Just finished the assembly, not sure if I should shoot it or put it in a glass case, lol. Nah, this is my new carry pistol.

Mods: Apex full forward set trigger kit with 5lbs trigger pull, Ed Brown skeletonized striker, frame and trigger pin kit, aluminum magazine base pads, serrated slide backplate, Hive extended mag release, Trijicon RMR with sealing plate and finally a Faxon barrel.

ohr5E3p.jpg

zBVcCqN.jpg

6HHAsvN.jpg

hoORx9E.jpg

QPuZMs6.jpg

p9v1Lt7.jpg

QTsxtuE.jpg

I love the look of these bluish... greenish... pinkish... purpleish... whatever - barrels. I may get blue apex FF trigger when I get back on my feet. By the way, I only buy trigger shoes from them. I don't think anyone knows (become it seems no one has capitalized on it) that the key to an amazing trigger pull is the 1.0 trigger bar. I bet I make the best trigger in the nation as I've found you can file the tip of the trigger bar loop to minutely change the break to the point where it's like hitting a wall. I'm talking ZERO creep. Even in the custom triggers out there, there is a tad of creep. Not that it's an issue. with that and how gapped the loop is, you can make the trigger phenomenally crisp.

I know that's a big thing to say but if it's anything I have come to really geek out considering firearms, it's that damn 1.0 trigger bar loop. I have all 1.0 parts in my 2.0's. I don't even buy em anymore, I build em. You can get a frame for 35 bucks on gunbroker.

Nice M&P by the way.

I like the M&P's. The hole in the middle is where my Performance Center 9mm would be but my oldest boy has it temporarily. View attachment 315350

Hey I happen to have a pair of FDE frame plugs for an FDE. If you ever decide to remove the safety, let me know and I'll send em over.

What brand of holster are you going to use for this?

I've been looking here and there, and don't seem like there are a lot of options yet.

Hey I have a couple holsters depending on how you're trying to carry it. I'd be happy to give you one, if it will help. If you do, let me know what light, if any, and which position and if I have it, it's yours.

PIC THREAD:
    IMG_9707.jpg

I may be up for selling the spare barrels, in case anyone wants one. God bless.

Last edited:

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    That's good to know, this is the first M&P I've modified this far. I'll have to try the 1.0 trigger bar on my full size when I start on it. I'm thinking about getting one of those Ed Brown slides, they look really nice and they're already set up for optics.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    That's good to know, this is the first M&P I've modified this far. I'll have to try the 1.0 trigger bar on my full size when I start on it. I'm thinking about getting one of those Ed Brown slides, they look really nice and they're already set up for optics.

If you do decide to go with a 1.0 trigger bar, make sure to get a 1.0 sear block assembly. In fact, I have one you can have. The main difference is just that stupid new actuator they put in, that really ruins the ability to customize it as far as you can with the 1.0. I put a whole apex kit in my 5” FDE and it felt like total junk compared to the other ones. In fact, you can literally take a stock M&P, polish the metal parts that make contact and then customize the bar loop as I’ve described, and I guarantee you it would feel better than an APEX kit. Aside from the trigger shoe.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Hey I have a couple holsters depending on how you're trying to carry it. I'd be happy to give you one, if it will help. If you do, let me know what light, if any, and which position and if I have it, it's yours.

The direction I'm going at the moment is with this red dot and this weapons light. My preferred carry is between pant and belt somewhere between 2:00 and 3:00 o'clock. But, I had to get a custom leather holster made for my EDC now, and if I wanted to carry Smith that way, I'm sure I'd need the same for it. Otherwise, if Kydex/plastic, it would be OWB @ approx. 3:00 o'clock.

Neither accessory is attached yet, as I need to put a third mortgage on the house for a tank of gas.

And thanks for the offer.

Last edited:

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    Nice collection! I love the M&P's too, accurate and steadfast reliable, I think they look good too. The ergonomics of this pistol is the main thing that keeps me coming back to them. I still have my first M&P full size which will soon be getting some serious upgrades. I also want to try a Shield, they look interesting, especially that 45 ACP Performance Center model.
    I'm really thinking about letting my son keep the Performance Center 9. I'm wanting an optics ready 9 and with the rebates now I'm probably going to get a M&P Shield Plus optics ready 9mm to replace it.

Annihilator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2022
    USA
    One if not my favorite revolver, S&W 610, got this from my LGS as a factory refurb from S&W. After I sent my information in, few days later I got a email reply back from S&W stating this gun was a T&E gun, they gave me most of the information on it but wouldn’t disclose who had tested it, but they gave me the full lifetime warranty like a new gun.

DBF55E31-3F43-4AAA-B6BF-3E5A9F7A5E6C.jpeg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    One if not my favorite revolver, S&W 610, got this from my LGS as a factory refurb from S&W. After I sent my information in, few days later I got a email reply back from S&W stating this gun was a T&E gun, they gave me most of the information on it but wouldn’t disclose who had tested it, but they gave me the full lifetime warranty like a new gun.

View attachment 321126
    Except for a bit shorter cylinder, it looks about like my .44 Magnum.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom