• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kbear

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I'm looking to refinish my Sig P6, possibly a CZ 83. Can some one recomend a shop in the Houston area that can do it.
    DK Firearms

scobech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I'd be interested in a Houston area smith that could install tritium sights and does refinishing as well. I've got a ParaOrdnance Big Hawg (hate that name) with PO's "Regal" finish (one step up from Krylon) that's showing a lot of nicks, chips and holster wear on the steel slide. Oddly the aluminum alloy frame doesn't show any wear at all!

Does anyone have any experience with Parkhill Gunworks? I've heard good things about their hard Teflon® coating process.

lilricky2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    S.E. Houston
    What type of refinishing are you guys looking for? I am in the process of upgrading my park and bluing equipement to brownells stuff. I also do the bake on like Norrells as well as non bake dura. PM or email me if your interested. I'm new but not fly-by-night. (Lived in the same house in Houston area for 25 years). I WILL stand by my work. I know my way around 1911's, AK's, AR's, S&W revolvers and most bolt guns.

Rick

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    any one know where I can find a gun smith person that does electro nickel plating?

I know a guy in Crosby that does refinishing. I have not used me yet but plain to soon. He does not do the electro nickel plating which is what I'm looking for right now. PM me for the info.

Kbear

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    What type of refinishing are you guys looking for? I am in the process of upgrading my park and bluing equipement to brownells stuff. I also do the bake on like Norrells as well as non bake dura. PM or email me if your interested. I'm new but not fly-by-night. (Lived in the same house in Houston area for 25 years). I WILL stand by my work. I know my way around 1911's, AK's, AR's, S&W revolvers and most bolt guns.

Rick

Looking for dura on my Sig P6, possibly my CZ82.

lilricky2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    S.E. Houston
    Not a problem, I am a Dura dealer now, or to be exact, I just sent them their dealer packet back with all the required info. I am wading through all the bull involved in starting a website but I can be emailed at gunsmithingandrefinishing@comcast.net and I have made some color catalogues but you may want to browse Welcome to Lauer Custom Weaponry and look over the colors before you make up your mind. Like I said, I also do alot of Norrells and some KG.

Rick

straightshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Katy, Texas

Rick

I have a Remington Defender shotgun that I would like to have plated in Nickel. Can you electroplate the riot gun?

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    lilricky2 - Maybe you can post some pics of your work? I think it's a good opportunity for someone local in Houston to offer this service.

JimBobKelley

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    Dale Hunnicut at Grip Reductions in Tomball. He has cerakoted two pistols for me, installed sights and has done duracoat on a pistol as well. He does great work and I think he is expanding into more complex coatings like Robar does and such. Check out his website.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom