Handgun Sale Ban to 18-20 Year Olds Ruled Unconstitutional.

Maverick44

Certified All-American Gun Nut
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This could be a big win. The idea that you are old enough to die for your country, but not old enough to buy a handgun from a licensed dealer is absolutely appalling to me.

It's likely the decision will be appealed and will go before the full court. Trump appointed several new judges to the 4th Circuit, but there are a LOT of Obama appointees too. It could go either way.

An appeals court ruled on Tuesday that a 21-year minimum age restriction for handgun purchases is unconstitutional.
A three-judge panel for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit determined that regulations preventing firearm dealers from selling handguns to individuals younger than 21 years old violated the Second Amendment.
Judge Julius Richardson, who was appointed by former President Trump, wrote the majority opinion, contending that the protections provided by the Second Amendment should apply “whatever the age.”

gll

Well-Known
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 22, 2016
When I turned 18 they raised the drinking age to 21. And when I turned 21 they lowered it to 18. At 18 you were allowed to drink 2.0 beer, but no booze. Nothing to do with firearms, but my tale.
I got lucky I guess, when I turned 18, the legal drinking age was lowered to 18, and that lasted long enough for me...

Liberals will never understand that they have created the conditions which create youthful irresponsibility. There is nothing about irresponsibilty fundamental to youth itself. (Please don't give me a bunch if shit about 9 yo's, yada yada...)

bbbass

Baffler of the Brilliant
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 2, 2020
NE Orygun
Apparently 6 is the age you're smart enough to make life altering and life long decisions independent of your parents now.

Then at that age you're old enough to vote, drive, buy/consume liquor, etc. After all, in some places teachers are briefing first graders on how to masturbate.

Top Bottom