Military Camp

Handgun Sale Ban to 18-20 Year Olds Ruled Unconstitutional.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This could be a big win. The idea that you are old enough to die for your country, but not old enough to buy a handgun from a licensed dealer is absolutely appalling to me.

It's likely the decision will be appealed and will go before the full court. Trump appointed several new judges to the 4th Circuit, but there are a LOT of Obama appointees too. It could go either way.

An appeals court ruled on Tuesday that a 21-year minimum age restriction for handgun purchases is unconstitutional.
    A three-judge panel for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit determined that regulations preventing firearm dealers from selling handguns to individuals younger than 21 years old violated the Second Amendment.
    Judge Julius Richardson, who was appointed by former President Trump, wrote the majority opinion, contending that the protections provided by the Second Amendment should apply “whatever the age.”
    DK Firearms

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    When I turned 18 they raised the drinking age to 21. And when I turned 21 they lowered it to 18. At 18 you were allowed to drink 2.0 beer, but no booze. Nothing to do with firearms, but my tale.
    I got lucky I guess, when I turned 18, the legal drinking age was lowered to 18, and that lasted long enough for me...

Liberals will never understand that they have created the conditions which create youthful irresponsibility. There is nothing about irresponsibilty fundamental to youth itself. (Please don't give me a bunch if shit about 9 yo's, yada yada...)

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    When I turned 18, my folks had already left me behind a year ago and moved across the country. Told me I could stay in the trailer court as long as I paid the rent. I moved into a small apt and then moved right back out because it was plagued/infested with cockroaches. I volunteered for USCG at age 23, the last person to go in under the old GI bill. For 5 years I jumped out of perfectly good helo's to save dumbazzes out on the water.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    By the time I turned 18, I had already gotten an apartment, had two jobs, and my own vehicle for almost two years!

Age is an arbitrary number anyways. Age may be a legal defining factor as far as being legal to do something, but age does not define maturity.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I had a license car and job the day I turned 16. Technically I had a job since I was about 10 mowing yards n such.

My daughter had a work permit as soon as texas would give her one.

My kids birn right around 2000 cant be lumped into those others.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    The Fed considers you an adult at age 18, you can be drafted, as well as do other adult stuff. It should be legal to buy a handgun, can of beer or anything else that legal. ( the real age should be 35 but that's another story). Some years ago in Vietnam we could buy whiskey at the PX. They said some momas were disturbed that their babies could buy hard liquor and the fed changed the rule, had to be 21 to buy it at the PX in Vietnam. A US GI in harms way and can't buy a drink. The fed screws us at every turn. I was 21 but most of us were not, we were just cheap cannon fodder screwed by the democrat (Lyndon Johnson) machine.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    When I was 18 we just had our girlfriends go ask older dudes to buy them booze. Easy enough and usually free! When I was 19 I was in BCT wishing I was 18 again.

I was usually the designated "buyer" of all all things alcoholic of the group I hunt out with at times, because I had a full grown-up looking mustache and looked like I was old enough to buy the beer!

Believe it not, I was in my late 30's before I ever was asked to show my ID to buy beer at a convenience store!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    My thoughts are, that the age requirement should be applied universally, to all things determined by a minimum age requirement.

Either all of it, or none of it. Applying it to voting. entering the military, guns, alcohol, being able to legally enter into a binding contract, or anything for that matter.

IMO, most 18 year old kids, are not mature enough for the responsibility of what many of these entail. Frankly, probably neither are most 21 year old kids either, but I guess you need a cut-off age somewhere.

Top Bottom