Join TexasGunTalk

Handguns for over 18, under 21

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by strantor, Oct 26, 2009.

1. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Whatever, I have heard dumb things from people too. I don't believe these cop bashing 5 and 6th hand stories. If the person it happened to wants to come in and tell it, that's another story. ;)

2. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    You're right cops are angles and don't do anything wrong.:rolleyes: I'm not saying that this is true or it isn't but if that did happen (and I wouldn't put it past some officers that are out there) it is a problem for all of us that this kind of incompetence is coming out of that agency. Like I said before I don't know his background nor was I there to credit or discredit this report, nor have I seen anyone step up and say they were. So tell me why is it so hard to believe that a police officer would do something stupid and that everyone in the general pubic is a liar and a dumb ass?

3. randomoutburst

randomoutburst Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    I agree. I was shocked, I'm sure the department had a *facepalm* moment and then a nervous laugh.

Unfortunately, things like this do happen which is why citizens need to be aware of the laws and not only depend on police officers.

4. DRod

DRod Active Member

Feb 22, 2009
    I had the same instructor (this past saturday) and I know the PD he was talking about. Take a spin through Bells, Tx and get pulled over. You will almost undoubtedly want to shoot yourself.

5. willygene

willygene Active Member

Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    its amazing how ignorant some of the very young officers are out there and how little they are trained by their departments before they are turned loose on the streets i was on the streets for fifteen years and instructed for 6 as well as being an FTO. how can anyone not know about a CHL if he he or she passed the teclose test and keept up with inservice training its absurd.

6. randomoutburst

randomoutburst Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    Granted, I don't remember when the incident I posted earlier actually took place. If it was shortly after the introduction of the bill allowing concealed carry in Texas, perhaps the officer was behind in his learning. Still disappointing, but more understandable than if it were to have happened, say...a month ago.

7. Harley Rider 55

Harley Rider 55 Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I know a couple of 18 and 19 year old guys with CHL's.

8. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    ;)

9. Harley Rider 55

Harley Rider 55 Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I was waiting to see who provided the additional information.

10. sergioe95

sergioe95 New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    im 20 and turning 21 in 6 month i already have a handgun. my quiestion is can i legally carry it in my vehicle ? thanks in advacne