• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    If your eye cant tell the difference what does it matter? Last I recall we all use our eyes to look through a scope. So now you admit you have no experience using these types of scopes in the applications they're meant for. Imagine that.

My position is bolstered by what people are actually using in competitions to shoot fast. They're able to keep up with red dot sights using 1x scopes so they can't be operating at a higher than 1x power otherwise they'd be slower. Doesn't require any crazy scientific testing, the proof is in the results of people actually out shooting. Maybe if you put the bolt action down and got out for a little shooting that's relevant to the subject you might learn somethin.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Meh... This has been entertaining. Plus I am in the process of tricking out my Handi to shit all over yours bro... Lol. Got the T1 on it now, which is about to get stolen for my 9mm AR Build. Was hoping this thread would yield some good answers for my own optics dilemna for this rifle...
    F9FF7E49-8191-42E8-A521-5E341A692705_zps5x3tkzuq.jpg

And here is with the TBAC Wearing the new Mirage Cover benenglish got me for Christmas.
    IMG_2020_zps333ee8e2.jpg

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Meh... This has been entertaining. Plus I am in the process of tricking out my Handi to shit all over yours bro... Lol. Got the T1 on it now, which is about to get stolen for my 9mm AR Build. Was hoping this thread would yield some good answers for my own optics dilemna for this rifle...

And here is with the TBAC Wearing the new Mirage Cover benenglish got me for Christmas.
    IMG_2020_zps333ee8e2.jpg
    Sweet!!!

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle

IMG_2020_zps333ee8e2.jpg

The Swfa that he got is a pretty sweet little optic. Just about the lightest 1-4 out there with a nice reticle and decent turrets. Glass isn't quite as good as a PST but the reticle is better, lighter and cheaper. Too bad they're not going to be back in stock til march some time. I plan to pick one up when they get them. At 300 bucks there's nothing better for a cheaper optic.

I've often thought about getting one of the handis but I'd want to SBR it. They are scary quiet especially when shot with a pistol powder like trailboss or red dot. Much quieter than 1680, 4227 or Lil gun.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle

IMG_2020_zps333ee8e2.jpg

The Swfa that he got is a pretty sweet little optic. Just about the lightest 1-4 out there with a nice reticle and decent turrets. Glass isn't quite as good as a PST but the reticle is better, lighter and cheaper. Too bad they're not going to be back in stock til march some time. I plan to pick one up when they get them. At 300 bucks there's nothing better for a cheaper optic.

I've often thought about getting one of the handis but I'd want to SBR it. They are scary quiet especially when shot with a pistol powder like trailboss or red dot. Much quieter than 1680, 4227 or Lil gun.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress

I got the HD glass... It's worth the money.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Any particular reason you didnt go ahead and go with the 1-6 then? I like my 1-6HD but will probably be putting it up for sale soon.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Any particular reason you didnt go ahead and go with the 1-6 then? I like my 1-6HD but will probably be putting it up for sale soon.

+$200.00 more, and I didn't see the need to get a higher magnification power for what I consider a short range tool. 4x should, theoretically, take me out to 400 yards, but I don't plan to use the 300blk handi rifle past 100yds. If the scope gets moved to an AR platform, I still consider that a short engagement tool, so it's still more than adequate at 4x max power.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    +$200.00 more, and I didn't see the need to get a higher magnification power for what I consider a short range tool. 4x should, theoretically, take me out to 400 yards, but I don't plan to use the 300blk handi rifle past 100yds. If the scope gets moved to an AR platform, I still consider that a short engagement tool, so it's still more than adequate at 4x max power.

Hey Steve.... How well do you like how the optic clears the hammer?

Top Bottom