• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Unfortunately If I'm going out of the house these days, its on wheels. This BS pandemic has been easy for me.
    My question is about handicap equipped ranges in the Houston area. Is there much?
    I can stand and lean against a shooting bench but need to sit often. Would like to just shoot from the chair. I'm never alone and don't have a motor, just hand power.
    Texas SOT

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Most ranges should have the customer service to get you going and help you out. If they don’t they aren’t the type you want to give your money to anyway.

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    I am pretty sure American Shooting Center on the west side of Houston has range accommodations. The had the typical pistol and rifle ranges. Max rifle was 600yds. It's been awhile since I've been there but they have a temporary 'clubhouse' which I don't believe had accommodations. They were remodeling the clubhouse due to Harvey flooding the last one. So you might want to call first.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Outdoor ranges could be tough because it's often uneven ground getting to the shooting lanes. I haven't been to Carter's Country in a long time, but I seem to recall that it's all concrete and you should be able to use the lanes easily. I don't know how American Shooting Center has done since the Harvey rebuild, but it's probably set up to be accessible. Indoor ranges are typically set up to meet the ADA requirements. I know that I've seen people shoot from a wheelchair at Shooter's Station in Conroe. I'd be willing to bet that Athena in Houston is compliant.

Top Bottom