• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyMarcus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2016
    Austin
    QFT..........that place is nuts. I refuse to even go there anymore. If I'm driving by there on Pecan Street I always speed up. LOL

What's wrong with reds? I live about 10 minutes from there so it's where my wife and I choose to shoot.

Keep in mind we go during the weekday slow hours and often only a handful of people (sometimes no one else) are shooting. I have noticed the random holes in the ceiling and what not if that's what you're referring toof and it's weighed on my mind a lot lately. That and the fact that many people I see shoot there are horrible shots, I mean I guess I'm should be glad they are aiming towards the target.

Shit, maybe I just answered my own question.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    When I worked at the famous and now defunct Bells Gun Shop in Chicago, I saw some guys shooting in their indoor range that were horrible shots! One guy....I swear.....the safest place was directly in front of him!

Flash

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I don't worry much about getting shot by LE, don't go out much and can't recall the last time I interacted with LE past a warning I had a tail light out. Was as nice as he could be and I was the same.

I am a little bugged by the "standard wisdom" stated in here regarding "hands on the top of the wheel or dash, interior lights on, yes sir and no sir", etc. Not saying you shouldn't do that just thinking why should you need to do that? LE isn't my daddy, if they're polite to me I will be polite to them, just like every other person I encounter. Seems to me there is somewhat of a fear relationship, implied intimidation in that the best course of action is to be on your very best behavior, mind your manners and play nice no matter what or risk upsetting Mr. Officer. I'm not buying "everyone they meet is a criminal so they treat everyone as a criminal", "for their safety". Probably just me but I don't see them as anything greater than another guy with a crappy job. Having a crappy job is no excuse to be crappy.

Again, I don't have many interactions with police and the few I've had were about 50/50 them being polite and me responding in kind or them being rude and me returning the favor. On topic I think the key to not getting shot is to not give the impression you are going to shoot them, sort of like anybody else. Don't be threatening, don't get treated as a threat does not equal scratch and grovel.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I am a little bugged by the "standard wisdom" stated in here regarding "hands on the top of the wheel or dash, interior lights on, yes sir and no sir", etc. Not saying you shouldn't do that just thinking why should you need to do that? LE isn't my daddy, if they're polite to me I will be polite to them, just like every other person I encounter. Seems to me there is somewhat of a fear relationship, implied intimidation in that the best course of action is to be on your very best behavior, mind your manners and play nice no matter what or risk upsetting Mr. Officer. I'm not buying "everyone they meet is a criminal so they treat everyone as a criminal", "for their safety". Probably just me but I don't see them as anything greater than another guy with a crappy job. Having a crappy job is no excuse to be crappy.

This is true. Having said that, if you do that in the wrong neighborhood when pulled over your response is likely to be very very different.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    There must be something wrong with me cause over the span of 30 years behind the wheel I've been pulled over 3 times and every time I was actually doing something wrong.

My suggestion to those who are getting pulled over routinely is to first and formost stop doing whatever you're doing. Cops generally don't pull folks over for shits and giggles. And yes I have spent time in shitty towns and parts of towns. Don't speed. Don't run lights. Don't roll stop signs. If you're not doing those you won't be pulled over. Are you guys buying drug dealer cars or what?

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015

I grew up saying yes/no sir/ma'am and I have plenty of friends in law enforcement. I have been afforded the opportunity to do a few shifts with them and other officers doing ride alongs when I considered a career in law enforcement as I was transitioning out of the military upon my retirement and I cans day first hand I will always do my best to keep them feeling as comfortable and safe as possible without giving up my rights. They are wanting to go home to their families at night and something as simple as an interior light in your vehicle or hands on the wheel will help to keep them more secure in feeling that is a possibility.

To me that's not too much to ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom