• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big-D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Lockhart
    On this day March second 173 years ago our founding fathers declared our independence from the military dictatorship of Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna.

While our founding fathers were signing the declaration the battle of the Alamo was still raging in San Antonio where 180 Texans fighting about 2000 Mexican troops held on for four more days.

50 days later on April 21 near Lynchburg Ferry the Mexican army was defeated and Presidente Santa Anna was captured in the battle of San Jacinto.

On the 14 of May the Treaties of Velasco was signed that formalized The Republic of Texas independence form Mexico.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    No mention anywhere in the media. But just wait for the run-up to the 5th of May.
    The day many criminal aliens celebrate a beer as they have no idea what happened. Or that it did not happen here. Hey Mexico there was a war, you beat your own kind from spain. Here in Texas, YOU LOST, go home.

Know what? I think I am in a bad mood. Very negative tonite.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    No mention anywhere in the media. But just wait for the run-up to the 5th of May.
    The day many criminal aliens celebrate a beer as they have no idea what happened. Or that it did not happen here. Hey Mexico there was a war, you beat your own kind from spain. Here in Texas, YOU LOST, go home.

Know what? I think I am in a bad mood. Very negative tonite.

I fully agree though. I am sure Houston will have some sort of festivities to celebrate 5 May. Not one word was spoken on March 2. It might have offened someone!!!

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I fully agree though. I am sure Houston will have some sort of festivities to celebrate 5 May. Not one word was spoken on March 2. It might have offened someone!!!

What a pleasant surprise !! A T Patcher ! I was a T Patcher in the TNG, 49-51.....

God Bless Texas and true Texans, Remember the Alamo ! Remember Goliad ! Thank you departed heroes of both and San Jacinto !!!!

Semper Fi

Ride4TheBrand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    The Lone Star State
    As a Son of the Republic of Texas, I and one of my sons commemorated the day by visiting the only international border known to exist in the continental United States: The boundary marker between the Republic of Texas and the United States, c. 1841.

It is located on Texas highway 31 just this side of the Texas/Louisisana border.

We made a road trip of it, and passed through Nacogdoches (the oldest town in Texas) and celebrated our ancestors and heroes by raising a beer to their memory.

Top Bottom