• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Hope everyone is enjoying family and remembering their dad's and papa's.

20230528_140912.jpg
    Military Camp

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I disagree. While on active duty most of us said if we died, to celebrate us and be happy on this day. Don’t forget us, be somber when appropriate, but enjoy what we fought for and celebrate the lives and freedoms we have.

I remember those I served with that gave the ultimate sacrifice with honor and respect. I celebrate their life, but grieve their loss.
    To each their own, I guess - but I can't be happy about the loss of a comrade in arms.

baboon

TGT Addict
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    As the son of a Vietnamese immigrant, if not for those who gave all, I would not be here.

Thank you.
    My wife worked for some Vietnamese. & they pointed out in Houston you have Pro American & Pro Communist Vietnamese parts of town.
    I seen it myself with the huge bronze USGI soldier out in Alien. Is that a common practice? Are the communist immigrants a thread? Do they support Brandon? Do you think this is common amongst all immigrants?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My wife worked for some Vietnamese. & they pointed out in Houston you have Pro American & Pro Communist Vietnamese parts of town.
    I seen it myself with the huge bronze USGI soldier out in Alien. Is that a common practice? Are the communist immigrants a thread? Do they support Brandon? Do you think this is common amongst all immigrants?
    I grew up in Orange County, CA, and back then, there was no pro-communist Vietnamese community. Quite the opposite.

Lots of family on my moms side was killed by commies. Many more took to the sea as “boat people” to escape the atrocities.

I’ve posted this before, the stories of what some of these people endured (if they survived) to find freedom would make you weep.

It must be the subsequent generations who support communism, but honestly that’s such a foreign concept that I can’t even grasp it.

Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Apr 23, 2013
    subsequent generations who support communism
    From what I see in NTX, more just thugs than commies.

BBL

Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Yes, I agree that we have freedom of speech and you are free to wish someone a "happy" memorial day.
    It just kinda goes against the whole idea of Memorial Day. For crying out loud, it is in the name of the holiday.
    We remember those who did not come home. Nothing happy about people sacrificing their life for our country.
    But that is just my personal take on that. Those who feel that "happy" goes well with a sad day filled with deaths of countless soldiers are free to go to a military cemetery on Memorial Day and wish a "happy" day to the widows and fatherless children crying over headstones.
    No, I take that back. It would not be fair to the families. But if you feel happy about people dying for your freedoms, try to think about your life choices.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom