• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluesboyk3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    houston
    Well, finally able to go out ot the range last week. Brought my 930 spx and my sawed off revelation (mossberg 500 basically). we brought various ammo with us. Our main goal was to test the reliability and break in of the 930.
    I have tried from express long range, buckshots, slugs and EVEN wally world 100 rd pack and it had no problem. So much so that i bought another 3 of those 100 rd pack. Me and my buddy had big ear to ear grin shooting various loads through my SPX. Loved it and the controls. Never bumped the bolt release by accident - it even simplifies operation, 1 button to do it all haha. Anyway enjoy the pics:

20131011_150121_zpsf03bd642.jpg

20131011_150131_zps1753abc8.jpg

forgot which target is mine but my friend is the one in orange getup - never handled a shotgun before. he did shot my AK last time we went out.
    Both targets are from 15 yds away.

Check out the muzzle blast from the express long range
    20131011_142204_831_zpse5f5a4e5.jpg

20131011_144701_zpsfbd982e4.jpg

20131011_141938_37381_zps287a617a.jpg

NOW it did have malfs BUT due to bad ammo. Beware of the "spartan" brand buckshot. 25 rds for 11 or 12 bux at academy. I would say 30% of the shot resulted in these:
    20131011_144646_zps697b76b3.jpg

see the bulge on the brass? Well, it swelled up in the chamber and the SPX could not extract it. No issues with other ammo.

And those of you who are still thinking of the SLP Vs this, TTAG did a 500 rd test with both guns
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...tion-shotguns/

Anyway I loved mine. I bought it at a gun show, had them shipped me a 6rd side saddle and a barrel clamp. It's under my bed as my primary HD weapon. YMMV

EDIT: I would like to add, that earlier models have had quality control issues. Funny thing is that When i bought my SPX at the gun show, i didn't have enough time to fill in 4473 and did the background check (after church and my 2 yr old in tow - She pooped and want to eat at the same time. Placed food order, then change diaper, then pick up food. Wife was working at that time). So the vendor told me that they will keep my info, ran the NICS when they get back to their store and hand me the SPX 3 weeks later when they would be returning to another gun show (same venue, just 3 weeks later). I put a deposit down and we met 3 weeks later. During that time i did my research and hoped that mine would be the later model and thank God it is.
    Lynx Defense

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I really dont think the older 930 spx are to be found anymore unless you buy used. I had one of the newer generation 930 spx and it ran flawlessly as well. I also railed it out from aimpro. Another member and buddy of mine akmike is now the proud owner and ill be buying another again eventually.

bluesboyk3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    houston
    Awesome. nice to see some of the local guys running these bad boys ! Just stay away from that spartan brand. Dunno if i got a bad batch or not. I have a box left but will probably let my pump handle them.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Looks like ASC?

My SPX had been flawless, it's a couple yrs old, dunno if that's an older generation or not

sent from my cell phone, far far away but still monitored by the NSA

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    The older generation spx, which mine would be a few years old now as well was still the newest generation. But the old ones had pretty badly canted GRS and gas issues. Before i had even confirmed what generation mine was i changed the foreend to the aimpro rail as it also was said to help with gas issues from its customers.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I've shot around 3-4k rounds of federal target or 100 rnd value packs. 1 1/8oz shells. With no issues. I usually clean it every 1-1.5k rnds. Just like a AR lube the hell out bolt and you should be gtg. I've read that people that have issues with shells sticking buff out the inside of receiver and that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluesboyk3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    houston
    Racer x - yes sir, good ole ASC.
    Yea I have never seen one on the gun trader until a few months ago. I normally browse there every now and then to see what kind of deal I can find. So the supply might be dry for a a bit while mossberg is doing the update and up their qc. Glad y'all are enjoying yours. Cant wait until the next range trip.

yellojeep

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    thanksfor the info, I am looking at them currently but was afraid of the bad reports from the older ones

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    thanksfor the info, I am looking at them currently but was afraid of the bad reports from the older ones

Im almost 99% sure you will not have any issues as those older generation ones should be off the market by now or have already been repaired if buying used. Either way, mossberg will fix it for you.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    The only problems I've had is ammo the cheap stuff likes to stick sometimes(100 round white box field loads) how ever I've filled it up with a mix of low brass, high brass, buck, field, and slugs in no certain order and pulled the trigger as fast as I could and it ran with no hiccups(I've done this several times). Slugs feel like field loads though its pretty soft shooting My 10y/o nephew has even shot slugs with no problems.

I go back and forth on the sights I like them, but sometimes I wish I had waited and got the JM Pro for the longer barrel and bead sight

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    The only problems I've had is ammo the cheap stuff likes to stick sometimes(100 round white box field loads) how ever I've filled it up with a mix of low brass, high brass, buck, field, and slugs in no certain order and pulled the trigger as fast as I could and it ran with no hiccups(I've done this several times). Slugs feel like field loads though its pretty soft shooting My 10y/o nephew has even shot slugs with no problems.

I go back and forth on the sights I like them, but sometimes I wish I had waited and got the JM Pro for the longer barrel and bead sight

Sell it back to me then :-p

Top Bottom