• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • technoronin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    I have a sniper version of the Mosin Nagant 91/30 on order and I'm looking for recommendations for a good hard case to carry it it. Since it does have a scope, I'm not comfortable carrying it in a soft case.

Any recommendations?
    Venture Surplus ad

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    I recently purchased a Pelican 1750 hardcase brand new on ebay (from a safety equipment co. that has an ebay store) for $150. It has the 3 layers of foam that you can custom cut to fit your particular rilfe. Pelican Hard Cases, Hardigg Storm Cases, and Starlight cases are the best, IMO, and you can get the TSA locks for them if you are flying. My Pelican has wheels on one end (like luggage) that REALLY help as those long cases can be a bit cumbersome to move/carry. They also ship very well. The Pelicans have O-ring seals around the lid and are watertight. I don't trust my precision rifle in anything less.

PS - I think I read somewhere that Pelican recently bought Hardigg, but I don't know that for sure.

technoronin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    I wound up buying a Plano case from Amazon. Looks like it will be an excellent choice for riding in the trunk of my car.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My pelican been to africa 4 times. Air France managed to break it. I called up a local dealer that I didn't even buy it from & he changed it out for the newer version. I like Pelican products so much I use their cube for my suitcase when traveling.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom