• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I served in the Army as an infantryman. We constantly screwed with each other.

When I was at Bragg with 2/504 PIR, we were right across from a training area called Area J. We would send the new Privates to Battalion to get the keys to area J. Same unit when we would have cherry PLs join the platoon we filled his entire desk with sand and cherry jolly ranchers.

As for new guys to the unit we would have some guys sky shark them on thier first jump. Not so fun to be the new guy.

Same unit still, our barracks (A Co.) were pretty much a big rectanlge and right accross from Delta Company. They were kind of the black sheep since they rode around in vehicles unlike the rest of the Infantry companies. I remember one time the power went out and everyone grabbed pyro that they had been "aquiring" after field training. We "attacked" Delta Company's barracks from our windows with parachute flares and star clusters. Looked like a pirate ship battle.

Another fun one was someone posted a sing at the local walmart bulletin board with one of our guy's names and phone number on it for free kung fu lessons.

We used to do company 10+ mile runs on Fridays. One 1SG we had loved to run us over to Pope AFB and call cadence as loud as we could until we got kicked off the base for being too loud.

At my first duty station in Korea (503rd Infantry) we would steal other company guide-ons a lot. That was fun stuff. We would also kidnap other platton guys, tie them up, write on them and then leave them back on thier floor in the hallway.

I remember in Basic a lot of guys were not familiar with Gold Bond powder. One guy had the menthol foot powder and gave it out to guys to use in thier pants before a road march. Those guys learned quick how menthol felt on places you did not want it! LOL

Last edited:

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I remember in Basic a lot of guys were not familiar with Gold Bond powder. One guy had the menthol foot powder and gave it out to guys to use in thier pants before a road march. Those guys learned quick how menthol felt on places you did not want it! LOL
    Harden them the f up! That's the only kind that is strong enough for me.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!

Speaking of Gold Bond...

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    We would have new guys fill out requisition forms for a crypto wrench or a left handed socket wrench and turn them in to the shop NCOIC or supply.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I served in the Army as an infantryman. We constantly screwed with each other.

When I was at Bragg with 2/504 PIR, we were right across from a training area called Area J. We would send the new Privates to Battalion to get the keys to area J. Same unit when we would have cherry PLs join the platoon we filled his entire desk with sand and cherry jolly ranchers.

As for new guys to the unit we would have some guys sky shark them on thier first jump. Not so fun to be the new guy.

Same unit still, our barracks (A Co.) were pretty much a big rectanlge and right accross from Delta Company. They were kind of the black sheep since they rode around in vehicles unlike the rest of the Infantry companies. I remember one time the power went out and everyone grabbed pyro that they had been "aquiring" after field training. We "attacked" Delta Company's barracks from our windows with parachute flares and star clusters. Looked like a pirate ship battle.

Another fun one was someone posted a sing at the local walmart bulletin board with one of our guy's names and phone number on it for free kung fu lessons.

We used to do company 10+ mile runs on Fridays. One 1SG we had loved to run us over to Pope AFB and call cadence as loud as we could until we got kicked off the base for being too loud.

At my first duty station in Korea (503rd Infantry) we would steal other company guide-ons a lot. That was fun stuff. We would also kidnap other platton guys, tie them up, write on them and then leave them back on thier floor in the hallway.

Are you telling me not everyone uses the menthol powder on their nuts?

I find it quite exhilarating.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom