• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ErnieNWillis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    I am currently holding at 109 days for my CHL. I just spoke to a DPS rep and my hold up is my Harris Co. background check. I have not lived in Harris Co sinse 1994! Have any of you experienced excessive delays because of the HC bg check?
    Capitol Armory ad

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Harris County has the longest wait period of any county in the state for CHL. I have been told that this county has the highest percentage of applications in the state, and until recently there wasw only one Trooper assigned to conduct background investigations. I think they recently hired another to help, but there is a large backlog from Ike that they are just now working through. I know it is hard, but patience is key.

ErnieNWillis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Harris County has the longest wait period of any county in the state for CHL. I have been told that this county has the highest percentage of applications in the state, and until recently there wasw only one Trooper assigned to conduct background investigations. I think they recently hired another to help, but there is a large backlog from Ike that they are just now working through. I know it is hard, but patience is key.

The DPS is hooked up to a state wide data base right? Shouldn't they be able to pull your background off the computer in Austin? I would really imagine that the FBI would know every infraction you'd ever committed as well. I think this is all BS!

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Nope, they actually go down to the courthouse and pull records and dispositions. You would think your theroy woud be correct, but as a military recruiter with access to all the same data bases I still have to go down to the Harris County Courthouse and pull dispositions....

Top Bottom