Harris county residents and former residents

ErnieNWillis

May 28, 2009
I am currently holding at 109 days for my CHL. I just spoke to a DPS rep and my hold up is my Harris Co. background check. I have not lived in Harris Co sinse 1994! Have any of you experienced excessive delays because of the HC bg check?

DirtyD

Well-Known
Sep 20, 2008
Spring
Harris County has the longest wait period of any county in the state for CHL. I have been told that this county has the highest percentage of applications in the state, and until recently there wasw only one Trooper assigned to conduct background investigations. I think they recently hired another to help, but there is a large backlog from Ike that they are just now working through. I know it is hard, but patience is key.

ErnieNWillis

May 28, 2009
Harris County has the longest wait period of any county in the state for CHL. I have been told that this county has the highest percentage of applications in the state, and until recently there wasw only one Trooper assigned to conduct background investigations. I think they recently hired another to help, but there is a large backlog from Ike that they are just now working through. I know it is hard, but patience is key.

The DPS is hooked up to a state wide data base right? Shouldn't they be able to pull your background off the computer in Austin? I would really imagine that the FBI would know every infraction you'd ever committed as well. I think this is all BS!

DirtyD

Well-Known
Sep 20, 2008
Spring
Nope, they actually go down to the courthouse and pull records and dispositions. You would think your theroy woud be correct, but as a military recruiter with access to all the same data bases I still have to go down to the Harris County Courthouse and pull dispositions....

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members