Join TexasGunTalk

Harry Reid is mad, that makes me happy. Tea Party is taking over Congress.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by breakingcontact, Sep 12, 2013.

1. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
  2. CrazedJava

CrazedJava Well-Known

Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    I say this as someone who is NOT a Tea Partier. The Tea Party actually makes me optimistic about government for once because they are a group that dares to think government should be for the people. The visceral and vitriolic reaction others have had for them is amusing.

If you can get past the anti-Tea Party propaganda and actually listen to what they have to say, it is essentially a demand that politicians actually serve their constituents. Lately it has been the other way around. This idea that the politicians serve us shouldn't seem odd, but it is being meet with opposition from Dems and Repubs because so many of them like the perks of their office and the ability to tell the rest of us what to do.

Their idea of small government isn't the same as no government. We've been hit with bureaucratic bloat for too long. The only reason why I haven't joined is that I've been burnt by the Republicans, Democrats, and Libertarians. I'm tired of being part of a group and would rather just make up my own mind. Not that I have a problem with others identifying with a party, but I'm done trying to squeeze my beliefs into a platform.

3. stanjones

stanjones Member

Aug 19, 2013
    South Austin
    lol...anarchists. Something about the comment that "anarchists" have taken control is pretty funny. By definitioin anarchy is "without" leaders (rulers)...so, if anyone has taken over, how could they be an anarchist? Anyway, I would take an anarcho-capitalist society ANYDAY over the authoritarian nightmare we currently have.

4. breakingcontact

Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Leave it to someone from South Austin to point out the irony.

5. Coop45

Coop45 Well-Known

Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Reid ought to get his pal McCain and take a long bus trip home. They have screwed with America too long.

6. Sapper740

Sapper740 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jan 21, 2013
    Anarchists, my A$$! What's so Anarchistic about the minimum government required to take care of the Nation's business adhering to the Constitution?

7. Tomservo92

Tomservo92 Active Member

Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    It's part of the game plan. You always demonize your opposition to attempt to cast doubt in the populace. Look what they've been trying to do to the NRA and law-abiding gun owners.

8. ArmyZach

ArmyZach Active Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    Reid's definition of an anarchist is anyone who doesn't want pork or a handout from the government.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

9. Sapper740

Sapper740 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jan 21, 2013
    If you love the 2nd Amendment you join the NRA, if you love the whole frikkin' Constitution you join the TEA Party.

10. breakingcontact

Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Absolutely, you demonize them to marginalize them. Paint them to be radicals when they are not and you take their voice away.

I suppose I always thought the Tea Party was a bit corny and just a bunch of slogans, but if that's what was behind the recall election in CO then I'm a fan of the Tea Party as they did more than just hold a rally and spout slogans. We need to get organized and we can do this thing.

The problem is most on our side are busy working, raising kids and trying to live a good life. While many on the wrong side are either on gov handouts, work gov no-work jobs, aren't married with kids, are living sinful indulgent lifestyles and are hell bent on destroying our society so they can re-engineer it into a hell they govern.