Military Camp

has anyone seen any good prices on .45 ACP ammo in the austin area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Well had my first taker for reloading. Mage2 just left here with the first 50 rounds of ammo he has ever loaded. He did a really good job once he got the hang of it.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'd be interested. My main problem is I don't have much brass, don't have any of the components, and I have other stuff to pay for at the moment. Sometime in the near future I would gladly take you up on your offer. :)

Brass ... you know my phone number.

I am starting to pigeon hole all the .45 brass I can find at work. I'm going to switch to .45 and I'm ordering my Dillon 650 setup with .45 ACP dies.

I got a great source for bullets for a .45, and I have primers. The powder I don't have.

Do you think your Sig will eat a 200 gr. SWC?

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Ive got Brass i have powder, primers and 230gr FMJ. MY press is ready to go and set for .45 at the moment so its ready to go if you want to stop by.

mage2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    south of texas capitol
    Just from the good experiance at RetArmySgt's place I am going to be getting a reloading set probibly this weekend. looking to reload .45 and 30-06 to start.
    I was looking at cabela's for the stuff. I think im going to get the lee breech lock kit. and the 4 piece 45 die set and the deluxe 30-06 die set.
    Where have you all seen the best prices on reloading equipment. Cabellas has the kit for 105 as seen here:

Cabela's -- Lee Breech Lock Challenger Reloading Kit

Any comments from you reloaders?

Maybe i should ask this in the reloading forum, moderators what say you?

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Youre just starting out the progressive is not the best route to go. You have a much greater chance of a double charge or loading a round without powder in it.

mage2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    south of texas capitol
    as said in other threads i now have a reloading setup at home.
    I made 50 rounds at retarmysgt's place to see how i liked it.
    I have made 100 more 45 and 50 more 30-06 so far. will be making more tommorrow.
    this is the only way to fly. now just need to source the components cheaper.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Mage. what types of .45 rounds are you looking to shoot and for what? Target practice? If you are just looking for plinkers I can get you links on some pretty affordable stuff.

mage2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    south of texas capitol
    Mostly im plinking now.
    I have a decent amount of "defensive" ammo. so im reloading mostly for plinking/pratice.
    Right now i figure im running about $0.11 a round or under $6 a box of 50.
    I know cost savings mostly lands with bulk buys but after buying all the tooling needed i didnt have enough left over to buy 1k of everything.
    I will take any links you care to share. I always am looking for a better deal, with a family thats how it goes i guess.
    Thanks.

Top Bottom