Has anyone tried pocket carry w/ a Glock 23?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    I have been thinking, during summer days when I wear cargo shorts, of trying to pocket carry my wife's Glock 23, but so far I cannot find posts of others doing so. I also cannot find a weapon-specific pocket holster for the 23. I would imagine others have at least thought of it, no?
    Lynx Defense

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have tried pocket carry in cargo pants and my coat with my 27. It is pretty heavy for that role. It beat the crap out of my leg and weighs down my coat too much. Definitely not a long term solution.

Holsters should not be that hard to find for it. The Clip Draw works well also, but you shouldn't carry with one in the chamber using it.

If you want a custom holster, Shorts should be able to help you out. I have heard good things about their quality and price.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I've thrown a PT145 in a cargo pocket before when my IWB was printing too much. It was actually pretty comfy and easier to get to than I thought it would be. I wouldn't do it unless I just had to, but it's better than no gun at all.

Glock 23 gets the holster everytime I take it out, but it's practically the same size as the Taurus and I'd imagine it's the same weight.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have a pocket holster for my G27, can't remember the name or where it is from....I'll TRY to remeber to look when I get home.
    It is not leather, but a "foam filled" set-up.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Does not work well for my G27..........I wouldn't waste time or money looking for something to fit the 23.......too big......to heavy for any pockets I have.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Does not work well for my G27..........I wouldn't waste time or money looking for something to fit the 23.......too big......to heavy for any pockets I have.

I don't actually use it either, but was just wanting to help answer the question....

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I've tried to pocket carry the G23 in the big side pockets of cargo shorts, but advise against it. It flops against your leg and there's no real protection for the trigger guard. It's also impossible to keep it properly oriented.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    I have an idea of taking a regular belt holster, cutting 2 slits inside the cargo pocket, and using a velcro stretchy strap to strap it to the leg whilst inside the pocket to keep it oriented upright, and holding it tight to the leg...hey I have a new marketing idea...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    that's the glory of my ad-hoc solution. If you use the pocket as a cover, and strap it to your leg like a thigh holster, then it's secure and close to the leg. I think it could work...

Bigfoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Merkel
    If you don't mind carrying IWB at 12-to-1 o'clock, the SmartCarry Holster lets you carry in just about any clothes combo you want...I've carried by Springfield XD (4" barrel) in gym shorts and no shirt...but in most stiuations, I have to carry my cell phone holder so that it masks the butt.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    The 23 is pretty close to a 19 and I cant pull it off with mine, so i wouldn't do it, personally.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    The9ine
    Top Bottom