• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blasternank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Keller (By Cabela's)
    My brother in law in Texas wants to step up a firearms trust for a suppressor or two. He approached me with this company and I was wondering if anyone has heard of NFAFIREARMSTRUST.COM? Any experiences good or bad?

Thanks
    Texas SOT

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Too late now. He has less than 12 hours to get his trust formed, suppressor purchased and forms delivered to NFA Branch before the rule change gets rammed through.

May as well just go the individual route.

If he still wants to use a trust he'd better comment on regulation.gov and state his opposition to the NFA rule change for trusts/corps/partnerships.

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    there are still several advantages to getting a trust over the personal route.

Lots of pains in the ass too. You'll need to get fingerprints for all trustees and beneficiaries no matter how distant they may live. Then ask the CLEO(s) for each of their jurisdictions until you find one that will actually sign.

If they live in a ban state forget it. They can't even inherit it without taking possession just to auction it off. They can't even be added to the trust after this change.

A lot of your rights die today.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I think today is the day the comment period ends, I don't know if the proposed changes actually occur today. BATFE has to take time to review the comments I think.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    have him give me a call. It is not too late to form a trust, Dec 9 is the deadline for COMMENTS! The Rules HAVE NOT CHANGED!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Do they have a set time period to review the comments?
    In practical terms, no. Having been tasked during my life with writing draft legislation and then seeing that legislation through to writing the agency regulations subsequent to public comment, I can tell you the process is really fuzzy. Time frames are often ignored even when deadlines theoretically exist.

Unfortunately, politics drives this stuff. Given the political climate and the current president, I'm betting the ATF review of the comments will be a model of uncharacteristically efficient work done at warp speed, arriving at conclusions we are not gonna like.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Too late now. He has less than 12 hours to get his trust formed, suppressor purchased and forms delivered to NFA Branch before the rule change gets rammed through.

No.

The comment period closes today. We are still months away from them taking effect.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    In practical terms, no. Having been tasked during my life with writing draft legislation and then seeing that legislation through to writing the agency regulations subsequent to public comment, I can tell you the process is really fuzzy. Time frames are often ignored even when deadlines theoretically exist.

Unfortunately, politics drives this stuff. Given the political climate and the current president, I'm betting the ATF review of the comments will be a model of uncharacteristically efficient work done at warp speed, arriving at conclusions we are not gonna like.

I'm betting warp speed too.

That's if they bother to follow the regulation change guidelines. These are the same guys that don't give a crap what the House Oversight Committee subpoenas remember?

If they feel no need to answer to elected Congressmen, what makes you think they give a hoot about regular citizens' comments?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom