Lynx Defense

Has your public/mud dist. water supply been bad lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    My water has either gone off or been severely reduced @ 6 times in the last 30-45 days.

At the current pressure, it will take an hour to shower tonight. Hope I don't need to flush too.
    Target Sports

TXDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Magnolia
    sorta on the same vein - our water supply was switched from well to surface water about two months back. It sucks. Looks bad, tastes bad, smells bad (heated to steam in the shower, dishwasher, etc).

And it doesn't do a damned thing for my vegetable garden.

Either an expensive whole house system is now a necessity or I will need to go pioneer on this shit and build a raincatch (which of course would require rain).

-TXDave

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Be glad you can get some water, a lot of people around here are having to haul water because their wells are dry. The town of Leakey is having to drill another well (they have 5) just to get some water for the town. So far we are still good, my well is real close to the Frio River (what's left of it)

I agree BHO is the Devil.

We are all praying for some subtantial rain.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    sorta on the same vein - our water supply was switched from well to surface water about two months back. It sucks. Looks bad, tastes bad, smells bad (heated to steam in the shower, dishwasher, etc).
    Right there with ya. When they cut us over last year the water smelled and tasted horrible. And the best part is we're paying extra money in our water bills to pay for the conversion costs.

For all y'all in other parts - utility districts in some coastal counties (Harris and Galveston at least) have been mandated to convert over to 80% surface water by this year, if not already at or above that. The problem is that subsidence in some areas has gotten to the point where they claim we can't keep drawing so much well water to service suburban areas with a high population but few or no connections to surface sources.

Several months after, when you'd hope the water would have cleared up, it still smells like rusty turds. Can't tell you what it tastes like because I won't drink the stuff.

Top Bottom