Hash Knife

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Dec 24, 2012
Hill County
What type of rotor are you talking about? Like a brake rotor for a motorcycle?

I was thinking of a small car, disc brake type. I don't see why a motorcycle rotor wouldn't work though. It was something I read about a while back where some knife maker was making knives out of truck rotors. Made sense to me when I read it. Then again, I wasn't making/building anything from them and didn't have to worry about specifics.

Last edited:

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
First time I heard the term, "hash knife" was used by Kent Rollins. I have seen other celebrity chefs use a variation of these, and I called them a ulu style knife.

Glenn B

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area
I use a cleaver with a somewhat curved blade for all my chopping and dicing. I like the fact that doing that stuff with a cleaver requires both hands on it to do it the best - one on the handle other on the spine of the blade. Keeps my hands out of the way of being sliced & diced. That one handed job makes me think I might inadvertently place my off hand in the path of the blade while dicing cilantro, onions or whatever.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
May 12, 2009
I use a cleaver with a somewhat curved blade for all my chopping and dicing. I like the fact that doing that stuff with a cleaver requires both hands on it to do it the best - one on the handle other on the spine of the blade. Keeps my hands out of the way of being sliced & diced. That one handed job makes me think I might inadvertently place my off hand in the path of the blade while dicing cilantro, onions or whatever.
I bet you wouldn't make the same mistake more than twice. Three times tops. By then all the extra stuff on your hand would be trimmed off.

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
I just keep parts of my hands out from under the blade, which seems to work just find for me. Still have all nine fingers!

Products discussed on TGT

Top Bottom