• ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    What type of rotor are you talking about? Like a brake rotor for a motorcycle?

I was thinking of a small car, disc brake type. I don't see why a motorcycle rotor wouldn't work though. It was something I read about a while back where some knife maker was making knives out of truck rotors. Made sense to me when I read it. Then again, I wasn't making/building anything from them and didn't have to worry about specifics.
    Guns International

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    First time I heard the term, "hash knife" was used by Kent Rollins. I have seen other celebrity chefs use a variation of these, and I called them a ulu style knife.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have seen bakery dough knives/ block scrappers used in kitchens. I also know a Mexican that used 2 Chinese cleavers for chopping taco fill both raw and while it cooked on a griddle!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I use a cleaver with a somewhat curved blade for all my chopping and dicing. I like the fact that doing that stuff with a cleaver requires both hands on it to do it the best - one on the handle other on the spine of the blade. Keeps my hands out of the way of being sliced & diced. That one handed job makes me think I might inadvertently place my off hand in the path of the blade while dicing cilantro, onions or whatever.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I use a cleaver with a somewhat curved blade for all my chopping and dicing. I like the fact that doing that stuff with a cleaver requires both hands on it to do it the best - one on the handle other on the spine of the blade. Keeps my hands out of the way of being sliced & diced. That one handed job makes me think I might inadvertently place my off hand in the path of the blade while dicing cilantro, onions or whatever.
    I bet you wouldn't make the same mistake more than twice. Three times tops. By then all the extra stuff on your hand would be trimmed off.

Top Bottom