ARJ Defense ad

Have you created a corp for the sole purpose of NFA items?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ducati

Gym, Tan, Laundry
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2021
    San Diego
    Would creating a corporation in TX or another state be cost effective in registering vehicles and acquiring NFA items?
    ARJ Defense ad

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Would creating a corporation in TX or another state be cost effective in registering vehicles and acquiring NFA items?

It would be a lot of work….everyone on the board needs to submit fingerprints and photo’s for background checks. Then you have required board meetings with minutes recorded. It would be easier to go with a trust having those people as trustees and not having to do all the corporation madness. Either way, every time a new item is added everyone has to resubmit paperwork.

Ducati

Gym, Tan, Laundry
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2021
    San Diego
    It would be a lot of work….everyone on the board needs to submit fingerprints and photo’s for background checks. Then you have required board meetings with minutes recorded. It would be easier to go with a trust having those people as trustees and not having to do all the corporation madness. Either way, every time a new item is added everyone has to resubmit paperwork.

Great input, thank you!

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    The simplest way of doing a Trust is an Individual Trust. Then you can add or detract anyone you want on the Trust after you get your stamps. Only you would need to do the photo and fingerprints, unless you want to add on Items later. Then everyone listed on the Trust would be required to do it also.

Or, You could just start up a new Individual Trust, and start over with new items on it.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I really don't get why most people don't just register as individuals. Do you really want to share your NFA items so much with other people? Mine were all done before the CLEO signoff went away and I still just registered (two machine guns, one silencer) them in my name.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Eli

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I really don't get why most people don't just register as individuals. Do you really want to share your NFA items so much with other people? Mine were all done before the CLEO signoff went away and I just registered (two machine guns, one silencer) them in my name.

Well, I have included my GF on mine so that when I pass, she's legally in possession.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Well, I have included my GF on mine so that when I pass, she's legally in possession.

Reasonable solution, though your Estate (and the executor thereof) would be legally in possession of them until they were transferred to your designated or otherwise legal heir. My will leaves the automatic carbine to my older daughter, the machine pistol to my younger daughter, should my wife predecease me.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Didn't they just change the trust rules a ways back so that now when you add others as trustees they all have to go through checks now? I added my wife and brothers and sisters to mine, just in case (old trust).

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Didn't they just change the trust rules a ways back so that now when you add others as trustees they all have to go through checks now? I added my wife and brothers and sisters to mine, just in case (old trust).

No, The Executor of the trust can add or subtract trustee's anytime they want. The only time the trustee's ever submit photo's and fingerprints is when a new item is going to be added to the trust.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I really don't get why most people don't just register as individuals. Do you really want to share your NFA items so much with other people? Mine were all done before the CLEO signoff went away and I still just registered (two machine guns, one silencer) them in my name.

There are times when my wife, my son and myself all are in possession of an NFA item but are not together so yes it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom