Have you ever "gone back?"

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by Amistad, May 25, 2009.

1. Amistad

Amistad Member

Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    What I mean is this -- my first large-bore autopistol was a Ruger P345. I absolutely loved the thing, shot it a lot, and got to be pretty good with it. Needing to generate some funds to buy another gun that I had acquired a case of "the hots" for, I sold it to a coworker.

I have sorely missed that Ruger .45! I'm now about to the point of buying another P345 to satisfy this "ache" that I've been experiencing. Just wondered whether there are other folks out there who have done something similar to this? Thanks!

Amistad

2. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Oh yes and sadly more than once.
    It happens when you have a bigger appetite than funds to feed it.
    I'm there now over my Marlin Camp9
    To get another one I would have to spend more for it today than when I fist bought it.
    So now I'm think Hi Point 9mm carbine.
    Same thing with the Ruger 30 carbine pistols I use to own.
    Try and get one today and it will cost 3x what it did in 1981 when I bought my first one and 2x what it cost when I bought me second one in 1994
    Dam I hate myself some times! LOL!!!

3. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I regret all of the guns I have sold.

I vowed to sell no more.

4. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Me to. :( I've only sold 2, a broken cap and ball revolver and my marlin 30-30. I really only miss the marlin 336 30-30. I talked to the guy I sold it to he won't sell it back to me.:(

5. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Growing up out in San Angelo I bought 3 or 4 Lugers, for around $40, shot them a few times, got broke and sold them, Did the same with a clean Winchester .30 US Carbine, could kick myself..:texas:

6. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, I've "gone back". I regret selling pretty much every single gun I've ever sold. My second gun was a used, older Sig P220, and thankfully I still have it. It's been the most reliable gun I've ever owned, and time and time again I keep coming back to it because it just plain works all the time. ;)

7. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'd sell my kids first :lolz:

8. pawncop

pawncop Active Member

Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Back in the day, I traded, sold, swapped firearm after firearm.

Since 1998 I have sold a total of six (6) firearms, three (3) to peace officers and three (3) to others.

The last one I sold was in 2004 to a friend, that really wanted the 32 ACP, NAA Guardian I had. I have a 32 ACP Beretta Tomcat that shoots better, otherwise I would not have sold it, even though it was at a slight profit.

Now I will not sell a firearm without great thought and regret, as I do not buy a firearm without really wanting it.

I really wish I had about 50 of the 70 guns I have had pass though my hands in the last 30 years.

9. Amistad

Amistad Member

Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    Some interesting thoughts, friends. Thanks!

Amistad

10. wayneside

wayneside Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I've bought like (6) Glock 22's...I keep thinking I don't need it but then I get another one. I haven't had one in 2 years...and I almost bought another one a few months ago...but holding out. It was my first love!