• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    What I mean is this -- my first large-bore autopistol was a Ruger P345. I absolutely loved the thing, shot it a lot, and got to be pretty good with it. Needing to generate some funds to buy another gun that I had acquired a case of "the hots" for, I sold it to a coworker.

I have sorely missed that Ruger .45! I'm now about to the point of buying another P345 to satisfy this "ache" that I've been experiencing. Just wondered whether there are other folks out there who have done something similar to this? Thanks!

Amistad
    Military Camp

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Oh yes and sadly more than once.
    It happens when you have a bigger appetite than funds to feed it.
    I'm there now over my Marlin Camp9
    To get another one I would have to spend more for it today than when I fist bought it.
    So now I'm think Hi Point 9mm carbine.
    Same thing with the Ruger 30 carbine pistols I use to own.
    Try and get one today and it will cost 3x what it did in 1981 when I bought my first one and 2x what it cost when I bought me second one in 1994
    Dam I hate myself some times! LOL!!!

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Growing up out in San Angelo I bought 3 or 4 Lugers, for around $40, shot them a few times, got broke and sold them, Did the same with a clean Winchester .30 US Carbine, could kick myself..

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, I've "gone back". I regret selling pretty much every single gun I've ever sold. My second gun was a used, older Sig P220, and thankfully I still have it. It's been the most reliable gun I've ever owned, and time and time again I keep coming back to it because it just plain works all the time. ;)

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Back in the day, I traded, sold, swapped firearm after firearm.

Since 1998 I have sold a total of six (6) firearms, three (3) to peace officers and three (3) to others.

The last one I sold was in 2004 to a friend, that really wanted the 32 ACP, NAA Guardian I had. I have a 32 ACP Beretta Tomcat that shoots better, otherwise I would not have sold it, even though it was at a slight profit.

Now I will not sell a firearm without great thought and regret, as I do not buy a firearm without really wanting it.

I really wish I had about 50 of the 70 guns I have had pass though my hands in the last 30 years.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I've bought like (6) Glock 22's...I keep thinking I don't need it but then I get another one. I haven't had one in 2 years...and I almost bought another one a few months ago...but holding out. It was my first love!

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    I had bought a Marlin 39A lever action late last year for $285 because I wanted one a marlin lever 30-30. I would've prefered the 336. But I bought the 39A anyway. I needed the money so I sold it to my g/f's brother for $300. But, I still yearned for another lever 30-30.

Then a guy at work was selling a Winchester Model 94 for $225. I bought that and haven't looked back.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Yup. Loved the .357Mag security six but sold it and tried semi-autos for a while. I wound up getting a new GP100. .45ACP was just not for me.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    First time was my first pistol a S&W 586, .357 mag. that I sold to a friend. He traded it back for a Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44mag.

Second time was trading away the Ruger .44mag. I worked a lot of OT at work and used the extra cash to buy Ruger Super Redhawk, SS in .44mag.

HadEmAll

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    I've repeated on several pistols, but have almost invariably found that there was a reason I got rid of it in the first place, and that reason was there again.

Another way of saying it is that I've regretted repeating almost every time.

Usually got hooked into one again because of advertising, or hearing stories on one of these forums about how great somebody's was, and thinking maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance when I owned it the first time.

frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I gave a Marlin 22 magnum bolt action rifle to a good friend once for some fence work. It was my first rifle that I bought with my own money when I was 12...man I wish I still had that thing.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I don't really regret selling any of the pistols that I have let go, but then again I still have the 1st one I ever bought at Red's in Oak Hill about 1995. A Ruger P94. I was 21 and I could afford it new so I was happy.

Overall I don't think I have really sold more than two decent pistols, the rest that I may have sold or traded were basically the garbage a pawn shop I used to frequent didn't think they could or should sell... literally broken parts, etc...

I am thinking about selling one of my SKS rifles though, I have had it probably 10 or more years and I have never chambered a round in it, so I doubt I will miss it.... plus I have another one that I have had since 1992 or 93 that has never chambered nor fired a round and I won't sell that one. The one for sale would be to fund my GSG purchase or to order more stuff for my AR build.

Top Bottom