• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    ...just wanted to strangle the condescending pencil-head jerk salesman who treated you like you were the idiot

Sorry for the rant. I'm still steamed about this one. We just got back from a bike shop in town. The first gentleman who approached outside us was a sweet, nice older man. He said welcome then let us go browse around on our own until we had any questions. When we went inside, we got approached by Mr Rude Guy. Who then proceeded to sarcastically repeat each question I had, give me no answer, and continue a completely offtopic conversation with DH.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say Mr Jerk was hitting on my husband. Uhh yeah - good luck with that.

I think what I'm most miffed about is that I let this guy 'win' and didn't even put up the red flag of 'mr you're out of line'. I just walked off to another area to look at stuff.
    DK Firearms

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, I can't stand people like that. The worst is when they have absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    When my wife and I bought her last car, we had something kind of similar. The salesman kept talking to me and trying to get me excited about the vehicle. I told him that it would be her car, she is picking it out, and he won't do any good trying to sell anything to me. I was only there to rough them up in the price negotiation.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Sorry to hear...I definitely don't like it when a salesperson tries to help me and then just annoys me the entire time.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The wife and I test drove a pick-up. If I asked a question I received a salesguy answer. If she asked a question, say about the motor, this guy would yank out the cup holder and say "What do think of this, little lady?" After this happened a couple of times I u-turned for the parking lot. Stopped next to my car and asked the salesguy if he knew how I could afford this new truck? I said because my wife handles the money and researches most large purchases. And I am going to buy a truck like this one, but you have pissed off my personal finance department and I know she will not allow you or your dealership to profit from my purchase. We left.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    ...but you have pissed off my personal finance department...

HAHAHAHA!

Cupholders eh?

How about, "it sits up high just like the ladies like" in reference to a Jeep Liberty or was it a Cherokee that we looked at as a second vehicle. Hubby and I exchanged looks; guess the salesman didn't see the truck I drove in in. A 6" lifted 1500 Chevrolet 4x4 with my small 33s

Let me ask you guys a question here. Are you always able to recognize when a salesman has upset your wife? Do yall use any code words or anything? Just curious. DH doesn't always catch the things that send me through the roof. I don't blame him, but just wondered how yall handle when one sees it and the other doesn't. He didn't see it this time, he just continued on a little bit oblivious that I wanted to snap the salesguy like a twig. lol It finally clicked when he didn't see me in the store any longer.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yep......when she says right in front of him that she doesn't like being ignored. My wife doesn't bite her tongue.

That would be a pretty cut and dry signal!

I've always been the nonconfrontational type (in person! Internet is another story ). Instead of saying 'what I should have said' I'm one of those who thinks of the perfect response an hour or two later after I get home and I'm replaying the conversation in my head.

Top Bottom