• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    that wally world has almost all there firearm products made by winchester. even CLP i think is now made, and labeled in a winchester can.

there is some JHP winchester ammo on the shelves as well...

i think a deal was made with the devil
    Target Sports

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Winchester is now the devil? Wally World has a unique system. They keep a predetermined amount of product in the warehouses. Suppliers agree to ship product w/in a predetermined time to the regional warehouses. Wally World then can keep just enough to fulfill the immediate need and gets re-supplied quickly. This is a big part of their business plan. They have a minimum of money/warehouse space tied up in inventory and the suppliers basically warehouse for them.

To become a WW supplier, a company has to agree to these conditions.

The Winchester name is a valuable commodity. They license the name to a variety of companies. There is even a Winchester police baton. They just pay for the rights to use the name. There are essentially two different large entities called "Winchester", USRAC (the gun maker) owned by FN Herstal of Belgium and Winchester ammo. Two different companies, same name. Winchester does not even make gun powder any more. They sold the name and the patents to Alliant (Bullseye, Blue Dot, etc).

22bond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    dfw
    Yes - the eye protection, brushes, etc. I don't see anything wrong with it. The new Win 22lr in the 555 carton is better than the Fed 550 - feed better in my Ruger Mark pistols. Especially now that the Fed 550 is priced the same as Win 555. The WIN .45acp 100ct for centerfire value pack is a good deal.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    We need to flood Texas WalMarts with requests to stock reloading supplies. They already stock them in some stores up north.

Walmart is anti-gun as it is. I don't think they are going to waste space on products that (normally) aren't big money makers.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Walmart is anti-gun as it is. I don't think they are going to waste space on products that (normally) aren't big money makers.

Wal-Mart isn't anti-gun per se, they are just covering their ass against liability. Wal-Mart is 100% about making money and not getting sued. If reloading components would make them good money, then they would sell them, plain and simple.

If marijuana was suddenly made legal they would probably have it on the shelves in a day's time.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx

They must be making money in Idaho and Montana cause they sell primers and powder is some of their stores up there. They have their distribution system regionalized and offer different product lines in different regions. If shooters can show enough interest down here by contacting whoever in their hierarchy calls the shots on bringing existing product lines into stores in other regions, then they just might see the dollars.

old_folks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Good evening all. I have no idea how true this is, but will pass on what I have been told by a person that works in the sporting goods department of a wally-world store. A lot of the sporting good items that they carry is made to THEIR specifications and may not be of the same quality as the normal specifications. I know for a fact that I looked at a scope once, and found out that the scope was only available at Wal-Mart, made to their specs. I know that some tires, although they carry a name brand, are also made to their specs.

Just for what its worth.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I guess it is possible to see powder and primers, but I doubt you'd see any bullet/dies/presses/brass.

it just takes up too much space and inventory to have a basic selection. Reloaders (or handloader, however you figure you should be called) are a faily small and specialized bunch. Maybe that is different in Montana and Idaho. . . I don't know.

I agree they are probably just covering their ass, but I they don't sell pistols. The only semi auto they have is a .22.

Now, I don't know much about running a store, but I think they could make more money money by expanding their hunting section a tad. But it might just not be their business plan.

Top Bottom