Capitol Armory ad

Having a kit prepared vs just having items on hand.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Its best to have things prepared and not just having items. Building a kit can increase the odds having what you need and all in one kit you can grab and rapidly put to use. The 5 C's for survival is a good starting point and can be used in many situations other than actual survival.

Did this video to show some of the ready kits I have, sorry bout the Cicada sounds...

DK Firearms

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

As an old ex-pilot, I follow the rule of older bush pilots: I always have duct tape, a heavy stapler, a roll of heavy-duty trash bags, knives, guns, ammo, flashlights, & a GoreTex windbreaker.

But, being 80, my chances of getting “caught” away from home are much greater than actually “bugging-out”.

We plan to ride-it-out here. Stock water, foods, fuels, ammo, etc.

May GOD help us all. . . . . . .

<>

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We plan to ride-it-out here. Stock water, foods, fuels, ammo, etc.
    I think that's the smart option for nearly everybody, even people 20 floors up in a big-city highrise. Being familiar with your surroundings is a gigantic plus, assuming you have enough emergency supplies.

I never understood the concept of a bug-out bag for broad-scale emergencies. They're necessary for quick travel for work or as something to grab when you run out of your burning home or when escaping a hurricane, etc. But I can't make the mental adjustment of abandoning my home turf during widespread turmoil.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I think that's the smart option for nearly everybody, even people 20 floors up in a big-city highrise. Being familiar with your surroundings is a gigantic plus, assuming you have enough emergency supplies.

I never understood the concept of a bug-out bag for broad-scale emergencies. They're necessary for quick travel for work or as something to grab when you run out of your burning home or when escaping a hurricane, etc. But I can't make the mental adjustment of abandoning my home turf during widespread turmoil.
    <>

Yes. . . . .

but,

Decades back, when I was single & had “money”, I kept separate clothing for travel; all mix-&-match coordinated; one set for hot WX & one for Cold WX. Both sets stayed packed, each in its own carry-on size suitcase.

So many times they came in handy for unexpected little “emergencies”.

Even today, my adult GK’s make fun of me for “clankng when I walk”.

But, whenever any of them needs a pen, magnet, nail clipper, pliers, knife, flashlight, can-opener, pointer, extra key, police whistle, etc; they know whom to ask.

leVieux

<>

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks

Yes, please. Everybody stay home.
    That'll mean fewer fools we have to deal with at the gate.

Top Bottom