Having more time available now

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2010
Somewhere in Texas!
This is the strawberry planter box I built, it is not quite complete due to rain today. I am going to add some horizontal trellis boards to the sides and top so I can plant some type of vining veggie like pole beans and let them grow up and over. I plan to build another like it when I acquire more material, everything is from reclaimed pallet lumber, my only cost is 3-inch prime guard screws, some exterior grade titebond III glue, and some finishing nails.

Attachments

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2010
Somewhere in Texas!
Early morning snail patrol! The damn things are a real PIA this year. Last night 4/23/21 killed 30+, this morning Killed 50+!! I started setting out beer traps this morning after the kill fest. I could go into snail sales for French cuisine this year, some really large snails, about the size of a fifty-cent piece.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
May 2, 2015
A snail walks into a sports car dealership and says "I want the fastest car you have and paint a big "S" on it. Why the big S the salesperson asks? The snail replies "When I speed down the street I want everyone to say Look at that S car go!"

popper

Well-Known
Apr 23, 2013
Not all yeasts are the same. makes a big difference and hard to find now.Another covid thing.

FerdinandIV

May 6, 2021
Waxahachie, TX
Not all yeasts are the same. makes a big difference and hard to find now.Another covid thing.
Harvesting wild yeast is relatively easy, but it doesn't perform half as well as commercial yeast. The only way I've found that you can get anywhere close to a good strain is if you keep a starter going for ages and ages. It takes about a month after putting the jar out for the thing to ferment to where it's mostly yeast and you've got to watch it really closely because lactic acid bacteria can build up if you let it go for too long.

That being said, if you gather a few different strains from different areas, combining them can produce a pretty solid yeast for making bread with.

BuzzinSATX

Dec 20, 2013
New Braunfels
Early morning snail patrol! The damn things are a real PIA this year. Last night 4/23/21 killed 30+, this morning Killed 50+!! I started setting out beer traps this morning after the kill fest. I could go into snail sales for French cuisine this year, some really large snails, about the size of a fifty-cent piece.
Get a couple ducks. They will solve the snail problem fast

FerdinandIV

May 6, 2021
Waxahachie, TX
Thanks for the advice, but I have no room for animals.
If you can, plant some Lavender, Sage, or Rosemary around, they're supposed to be pretty good at deterring snails. If you don't have time for that, get some dried sage and rosemary and put that around (but not too much, it can hurt some plants).

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2010
Somewhere in Texas!
I decided to dig up some potatoes today. I planted 94, pulled 18 today, they could have remained in the ground another 2-3 weeks, but I wanted some fresh, the store-bought ones are so nasty. I did not weigh them, but I filled a 5-gallon bucket heaping, and half of a 2.5-gallon nursery pot. Had mashed potatoes for supper! damn good.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads