Hawke Scope: Nite-Eye... Any good?

Discussion in 'Optics' started by ConnRadd, Dec 9, 2009.

1. ConnRadd

ConnRadd Active Member

Just wanted to get some opinions on this scope. Looking to use it for hog and deer hunting...

Hawke Sport Optics : Nite-Eye Riflescopes

2. sean_bart1

sean_bart1 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    My experience with cheaper scopes on a hunting rig, is that they don't hold zero very good. Anything bigger than a .223 and your all over the place.

3. ConnRadd

ConnRadd Active Member

Well, I gave this scope a try... I mounted on a Marlin XL7 .270, laser sighted, then went to the range. After a few clicks to the right, I was hitting center. Went back to the range the next day, wife shot it and hit bullseye on her first shot. Put a total of 15 rounds through the rifle and the scope still held true. The eye relief is about 3 to 3.5" inches, it was a cloudy day and the glass was crystal clear. (True test is 5 mins before dark). My goal is to put this on my LR-308 for hog hunting, which I'll work on that after this deer season. For $170.00 and with all the features it has, I say it will easy match up to my Nikon Prostaff (but to be fair, my Nikon is a 3-9x40mm, so not sure about a 50mm).

4. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    The 50mm objective should gather a lil more light than the 40mm.

5. ConnRadd

ConnRadd Active Member

That was my goal. I have not had a chance to go hog hunting with it just yet, but I'm hoping I'll see a positive difference with it.