• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Sadly, there is another list of stolen guns to look out for in the Austin/San Antonio, TX area. My father's home was burglarized this past Sunday. To make things worse, we have no serial numbers - there is a list, but it can't be found. We think the suspect is from San Antonio for various reasons.

Here's what was lost, from memory, including identifying marks.

Winchester sporter 12 ga. pump-action shotgun with dark wood stock/grip. Blued - very dark/glossy finish. No real identifying marks, unsure of make/model. We're not hopeful on this one.

Winchester model 1892 .30-30 with a modern hunting scope on an aftermarket custom mount. Blued. I can't remember the model or manufacturer of scope. Bushnell or Tasco probably. Custom scope mount is attached with screws to the left side of the receiver.

Mossberg .410 pump-action shotgun with wood stocks/grip and blued metal. No real identifying marks on this one.

Winchester model 74 .22 cal semi-auto rifle with dark red walnut stock- some slight custom shaping has been done on the stock. Blued barrel, excellent condition.

M-1 Carbine, .30 cal, WWII vintage with "GENERAL MOTORS" manufacturer's stamp on the barrel, with 15 round magazine. The thief left the 30 round mag.

Antique (100+ year old) Mossberg 12 ga. single shot shotgun - well kept, but obviously ancient. Has not been fired in at least 40 years. Bluing is intact on all metal surfaces, some wear on the wood.

PISTOLS - - - - -

Llama model III-A.380 ACP semi-auto pistol with holster and spare magazine. Blued. Small spot of rust on the right side of the trigger - haven't had the opportunity to have that sanded and refinished. Missed a fingerprint once while I was cleaning it for him.

Colt .38 Special, 3" barrel with holster. Third generation Detective Special, short barrel, shrouded ejector pin, wood grips with Colt badges, blued metal. Very little wear. Front post sight has a spot of white liquid paper on it for visibility.

Charter Arms Explorer II .22 Automatic pistol with scope and two magazines. Blued, not stainless. Small scope mounted but removable. Rear sight on pistol is damaged, otherwise in good shape.

Two matched Tanfoglio .25 ACP automatic pocket pistols with spare magazines, one with a storage case. Blued.

Hi Standard Sentinel R-101 9-round .22LR revolver w/3" barrel. Made in 1958. Also has a spot of liquid paper on the front sight. Blued with wood grips. Very little visible wear.

Replica Colt Navy model 1849 cap-and-ball revolver with unfinished wood grips. Kit gun.

Replica percussion cap musket with light honey-colored wood stock and a pair of matching percussion cap dueling pistols with honey-colored wood grips. Early 19th century style. Unknown if these are functional firearms.

I'm hoping if one of these is spotted in a pawn shop (it'll be a couple of weeks before any that are pawned might be made available in the shops) or a used gun dealer there will be one or two others with it to make a positive ID more likely. At least that's the hope...

Also missing are a Framus classical guitar from the early '50s and a Harmony H-62 archtop electric hollow body guitar with "starburst" finish from the late '50s, for what it's worth.

Yes, they stole his guns and they stole his guitars. There's a country song in there...but we'd rather just have dad's property back. I know serial numbers would help. I'll continue to search for the list.
    Lynx Defense

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Man that sucks! I keep my firearms list with serials on DropBox so that I can access it anywhere on any device. I know it's too late for that now for your father.

I'll print your message and keep it with me when I'm out gun hunting in case I run across one that may fit one of the descriptions.

I hope you catch the asshole!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    There is a gun show coming up next weekend in SA, might want to let the SAPD know so they can be on the lookout in case someone is stupid enough to try and unload them there...

I would also PM PawnCop, he might be able to give you more advice.

Good luck! M2

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    That really sux. Sorry to hear. There are two kinds of people in this world, those that know that I own guns, and those that know where I live. I make it one of my highest priorities to be sure those two groups of people don't ever mix, and I can count on 1 hand the people that know where I live (with fingers to spare). Best of luck, I hope you are able to get some or all of them back.

Probably won't make you feel any better, but I am damn jealous of you for living in Hays County. That's my favorite place in the world.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    hey zod did you post on the high road
    I did. More people there were interested in either scolding me for not having the serial numbers or telling me how it's impossible to recover the guns than were willing to simply keep their eyes open and let me know if they possibly spot them. I've felt much more welcome over here.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Just to clarify - the gun has not been located. A sheet of paper my father randomly wrote the serial number on thirty years ago has. Hoping it leads to recovery of this one pistol, and maybe other recoveries and a conviction.

KBlueyes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Kerrville, Tx
    Same happened to a realtive of mine. 1 firearm, waiting for him to call with serial number. He moved from Austin to SA recently. He suspected the moving company - said they were "shady". Did your dad recently move? If so, we need to talk. My relative lives near Castle Hills area in SA. This happened Sunday, as well.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Only if 1984 is "recent" :cool: Dad had remodeling work done, though, and we suspect one of the contractors. Do check the date, on the original post - this burglary was back in September, as well as being an hour north of SA. Probably unrelated to your relative. Make sure he reports the theft to the police. Maybe he'll be lucky enough to get his property back.

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    Sorry for his loss, I had all mine stolen 3 years ago and nothing has turned up..

Did he give his serials to his home owners insurance agent by chance?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Unfortunately, no. The one list of serials I was aware of went missing, so we only have the one serial number that was found by sheer luck. Having learned that lesson, now every gun gets its portrait taken along with a pic of the serial number, which I then email to myself, so I have his and mine both archived.

EandGWZ

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Brazos County
    I hope your pops recovers his property. May I ask how his house was broken into? Was he on vacation? Did he have a safe? Alarm? I ask these questions in order to identify areas of weakness for my own home.

Top Bottom