• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drricktx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    San Marcos, TX
    If anyone is in the Hays County/San Marcos area there is a movement underway to get a quality shooting range supported by the county. Anyone interested in more information can go to:
    http://www.haysshootingsports.com/

My guess is that we will have to show the county that there is a big demand for a range so the more people that fills out the survey and responds the better chance we will have of making this work.
    DrRickTx
    Venture Surplus ad

Stephen Marlow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    San Marcos area
    Yes! It's past due. We have a Commissioner who will sponsor the proposal as it develops. This is a 'work in progress', so your input is appreciated. Please send comments or concerns directly rather than post. We need Hays or near Hays county residents to complete the online survey at
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=bK0qyiayjZ_2biiQBF0MtCsg_3d_3d

We need the survey information and count to present valid data to the Commissioner's Court and for a media blitz.
    Thanks,
    Stephen

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hello sir! Good to have you here. I am definitely supportive of this and will gladly help out in any way possible. I'm filling out the survey right now.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yes! It's past due. We have a Commissioner who will sponsor the proposal as it develops. This is a 'work in progress', so your input is appreciated. Please send comments or concerns directly rather than post. We need Hays or near Hays county residents to complete the online survey at
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=bK0qyiayjZ_2biiQBF0MtCsg_3d_3d

We need the survey information and count to present valid data to the Commissioner's Court and for a media blitz.
    Thanks,
    Stephen

Stephen, I would think that actual written, or even oral, testimony would be better. If that's the case then I can provide that on my behalf as the owner of the forum, and a future user of the facility.

I work at a building supply company, and I would be willing to even to ask my employer to support the construction phase. We do structural components, wood beams, windows, framing, doors, lumber, etc.

Stephen Marlow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    San Marcos area
    Boys,
    We have sent out two dozen emails to friends with the proposal link http://www.haysshootingsports.com/ and got back 88 survey responses so far. We will need several hundred shooters in Hay County to make and impression on our Commissioners. The Proposal w/ Survey link will be open until the end of May. One entry per computer. Folks in or near Hays County need to speak up!
    Thanks,

- if you are not shooting enough - you are not reloading enough -

WyattT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    i filled that out real quick, this is something we need now that hill country is closed

Stephen Marlow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    San Marcos area
    thanks!

The website has been updated! Several clubs have contacted us about using the Center. We have 150 surveys filled out and will close and report to the Commissioner Court after May 31. Their are about 85 folks who left contact info that want to be directly involved. The count on the survey will show the level of interest. We expect folks in and near Hays County to be included. So, need a range - vote yea by filling out a survey!
    Stephen,

Stephen Marlow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    San Marcos area
    Hays Shooting Sports Center Update!

All,
    So far we've avoided the media in this grassroots effort, but (link below) I guess we're going completely public Thursday anyway. Things should continue to get interesting. We have 320 household survey responses as of today, which represents nearly 800 shooters, with over 200 folks that want to be directly involved. Several instructors, clubs, ROTCs, etc. have checked in to be included in planning as well. If we were to start booking a hypothetical month of the proposed Center now - we would be about 1/2 full. The shotgun folks have not responded in large numbers to this point, but could possibly fill up a month's schedule on their own. We have a meeting with Commissioners Barton and Conley June 9th 2 o'clock at the court house to exchange information. I'm continuing to work on the presentation for Thursday night. Thank you all for the input and advice and please keep it coming.
    More later,
    Stephen
    http://www.statesman.com/search/content/sports/stories/outdoors/05/25/0525le
    http://www.statesman.com/search/content/sports/stories/outdoors/05/25/0525legnotes.html

SteveW

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Austin TX
    What a shame that the staff writer linked the proposed range to the death of that 7 year old boy, with no other contextual information. If he thought that it might have prevented the accidental shooting, then he should have said so. Typical of the media today. No position expressed. Just information placed into the discussion with no context. Where did these people learn their trade ?

Stephen, Good luck with this.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I made a reply to the article to express my disappointment with the indirect implication the writer appeared to be making of a shooting range being a detriment to public safety. Maybe I should have stayed in college and worked towards becoming a journalist/reporter. It sure would be nice to have a few more of them on our side.

Top Bottom