• ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    So its useless but you want to watch a Video on it

Ummm ok

Only because someone chose to post it only there. Even then the link is no good so what use was it anyway? If it was a live event then it was useless the minute it was over. Why even post a link as most won't see the post until it is too late. Someone else's choice to post there doesn't change my general opinion about the site. No need to argue over it though, go there and enjoy yourself!

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    Just peeped in on Bonnen's Facebook. He's getting railed in his post about McNutt now that the DPS footage has come out.

If I weren't such a c̶y̶n̶i̶c̶ realist, I'd hold out some hope that this would get him bounced in the primaries. But it won't.

TXGR has a bit of blockwalking planned for the Speaker's district. Bit far of a drive for me but could be of interest to those in the Angleton, Lake Jackson, Bay City, and Freeport areas. It may not get him primaried but even cutting his margin will send a message.

https://txgunrights.org/latest-news...-we-need-your-help-talking-to-your-neighbors/

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I called Strickland’s office today. Seems as he feels that the only hope this session is to get CC added onto another bill as an amendment.
    There won’t be enough time to do anything else.
    I also told Strickland’s aid that the whole state now knows that Bonnen is a lying dog.
    Sad. I sent him an email, but haven't heard back. Not holding it against him - I'm sure they're pretty busy right now.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I sent an email to Empower Texans letting them know about bonehead. And I ask them to do a story about it. I don't know if they will do the story or not but it will be nice if they do.

It wouldn't hurt for some more folks to contact them about it.

BTW, the DPS video has now been viewed 19,317 times.

Empower Texans did the story. https://texasscorecard.com/state/dp...tive-regarding-constitutional-carry-advocate/

BTW: the DPS video has been viewed 23,102 times as of now.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    There seems to be an unusual fear of facebook among some that use this site. Sadly for them the use of facebook live is becoming a common way for some to "get the word out." Thus this fear is causing some to miss good information.
    I could care less how you feel about facebook. But somebody always whines about any link to Facebook. As if we owe you some special super safe link because you fear facebook. The "you's" used here don't mean specifically you birddog, rather anyone posting a gripe about facebook links. OK we understand you won't see it. that not anybody's fault yet somebody will whine about it.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Bonnen made a Facebook post about The “fringe” view of CC.

I guess I get to dissect the post and call again in the morning to let them know how I feel again.

And it's a doozy....

Basically it says CC will allow prohibited persons to carry firearms. As if they don't already and are just waiting for CC to do so.:beat:

What kind of fairy tale world do these types of people live in?

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I’m going to tell them that my son, who is old enough to vote for Bonnen, be drafted, and buy a handgun in a private sale ALL DAY LONG (but not old enough for an LTC) could be allowed to carry and defend himself with CC but.... NOOOOooooo, we can’t have that, could we?!

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    There seems to be an unusual fear of facebook among some that use this site. Sadly for them the use of facebook live is becoming a common way for some to "get the word out." Thus this fear is causing some to miss good information.
    I could care less how you feel about facebook. But somebody always whines about any link to Facebook. As if we owe you some special super safe link because you fear facebook. The "you's" used here don't mean specifically you birddog, rather anyone posting a gripe about facebook links. OK we understand you won't see it. that not anybody's fault yet somebody will whine about it.

Not "afraid" of Facebook, just don't like using them or any of the other social networks out there. I personally have little use for them. As far as the link goes it seems pretty useless to post a link to a live event that goes dead as soon as it is over. Doesn't really get your "word" out without some advanced notice of it being posted.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    The link (reposted below for convenience) goes to an archived file of the live press conference. I don't know whether you need a Facebook account to view it or not. Sometimes these things also show up on Youtube but apparently not this time.

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Received this from Texas GOA and passing it on...

Give Speaker Bonnen an Education on Constitutional Carry

Dear Gun Owners,

Once again, Speaker Bonnen has made it obvious that he does not at all understand Constitutional Carry or your right to keep and bear arms.

On Sunday evening the Speaker referred to our Constitutional Carry bill, HB 357, as “legislation that threatens the safety of our communities and makes it near impossible for law enforcement to distinguish between law abiding gun owners and criminals.”

This ridiculous statement follows a slew of other fake news he’s been propagating on social media and in press statements, such as the following:

People who want constitutional carry are “fringe activists” — FALSE

HB 357 would allow criminals to legally carry guns — FALSE

Constitutional Carry is bad policy — FALSE

It’s dangerous to allow people to carry a gun without a license and proper training — FALSE

So let’s help him out!

I have a handout titled, “Constitutional Carry Doesn’t Mean What You Think It Does” that will supply him with the facts he is obviously missing.

I need YOU to mail him a copy of this factsheet THIS WEEK — as soon as possible!

Print up a copy of the handout (regular paper is fine, and black and white is fine). Find it right here.

https://gunownersofamerica.cmail19.com/t/i-l-pbujuk-ykydjdvn-t/

If possible, add a handwritten note. Be professional but firm. Let him know that Constitutional Carry is good policy and helps keep Texans safe.

Address a stamped envelope to:

Speaker Dennis Bonnen
    P.O. Box 2910
    Austin, TX 78768

Drop it in a mailbox.

Please spread the word to your friends, neighbors, and local shooting groups, and ask them to mail the Speaker a copy of this handout also.
    We need to help him understand what Constitutional Carry actually is!

Just a reminder: stay professional and keep your cool while you speak truth on the phone, online, and in person. Our message is stronger when we stay on point, avoid personal attacks (and avoid taking things personally), and focus on speaking the facts firmly and clearly.

Thanks for helping spread the message that Texans are safer with Constitutional Carry!

For more truth bombs and mythbusting on Constitutional Carry, see my video.

For liberty,
    Rachel Malone
    Texas Directory, Gun Owners of America

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom