Capitol Armory ad

HB 635 - Krause..... Bans Enforcement of Federal a gun laws...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    HB 635 was introduced that bans any Texas Department, or other local government entities from enforcing any Federal Gun laws that are not also laws of Texas.

Thus if the Feds band Bump stocks, but we as a state do not. It will not allow any Texas Agency to enforce that federal law, or provide any support to any federal agency, or allow it to be reported to any federal agency.

Thus if a Dallas City police officer sees you with a bump stock, he may not arrest you or report you to any federal agency.

ARJ Defense ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This bill and all other gun-related bills filed to date is captured here:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I agree with the idea but doesn't that make us like Portland or the other west coast areas that have become sanctuary cities-states? I would rather secede personally than live under tyranny.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I agree with the idea but doesn't that make us like Portland or the other west coast areas that have become sanctuary cities-states? I would rather secede personally than live under tyranny.

Its a step by step process to get yhose less inclined to secede. Think of it more of like weaning those liberals off mommas tittie.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    No, it makes us more like following the US Constitution.
    If a state specifically says it will not abide by Federal law that means it is following the constitution? I know where everyone is coming from and I understand the concept. When California says it will not prosecute illegal aliens or turn them over to ICE isn't that the same thing? I don't agree with states legalizing marijuana as long as it is illegal on a Federal level. If the country wants legal marijuana change the Federal law first. I think states should follow the constitution. I think the problem is the Federal Government will not be following the constitution which leads us to SCOTUS (which hasn't done shit lately) or secession. I wish we weren't being put into this kind of symbolic action as there may end up being blood in the streets.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    it's not the same. The imigration laws passed by congress are legal and lawful laws complying with the Constitution.

Federal laws that "infringe" on the second amendment are not constitutionally legal.

It's sorta like "I was just following orders," is not a defense when the orders were unlawful.
    I agree with you but in our system we have to make the Federal law meet the constitution, not have the state pass a law that says it will defy a Federal law (even an unconstitutional law) which any 2A restriction they pass will in my mind be unconstitutional. The state saying it will not assist Federal Gestapo agents is not the answer. Just my opinion.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    If a state specifically says it will not abide by Federal law that means it is following the constitution? I know where everyone is coming from and I understand the concept. When California says it will not prosecute illegal aliens or turn them over to ICE isn't that the same thing? I don't agree with states legalizing marijuana as long as it is illegal on a Federal level. If the country wants legal marijuana change the Federal law first. I think states should follow the constitution. I think the problem is the Federal Government will not be following the constitution which leads us to SCOTUS (which hasn't done shit lately) or secession. I wish we weren't being put into this kind of symbolic action as there may end up being blood in the streets.

Sadly if you study history and the onset of the civil war, it started first by states refusing to follow federal laws and regulations with pure disobedience. Which then led to secession, which then led to civil war.

States don’t secede without first simply defying Federal laws and mandates.

If we pass this bill, we won’t be the first (or last) that passes something similar. If this passes, it’s very possible that we could end up passing even more laws in defiance in 2023. (Remember we go every other year).

SCOTUS hasn’t done much for us lately, and that could start changing soon. The problem with SCOTUS is for a case to get to them to have them even consider the case, takes a minimum of 3-4 years, sometimes even longer. Even once it reaches SCOTUS such as the next pending case, takes at least a year and half for a decision, most of the tim even longer. The NYC case spent 2 years holding at SCOTUS level before they ruled the case moot.

There is one other gun case that has been going on for over 10 years now, and it’s not even close to even getting to the point of filing a Writ of centorari.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I agree with you but in our system we have to make the Federal law meet the constitution, not have the state pass a law that says it will defy a Federal law (even an unconstitutional law) which any 2A restriction they pass will in my mind be unconstitutional. The state saying it will not assist Federal Gestapo agents is not the answer. Just my opinion.

I agree, but it is nice to know that our own state agents won’t be helping the Federal Gestapo from enforcing those unconstitutional laws.

This bill would not be breaking any current federal laws. It would just prevent our own LEO’s from assisting the Feds, or reporting to the Feds, or even arresting for the Feds those who do break the federal gun laws. Thereby making it more difficult, more time consuming and less costs effective to enforce those unconstitutional laws.

When Leo’s and Federal Prosecuters have limited funds to work with in enforcing the law. They tend to start going after the major criminals, and not the little guy who just happens to have a bump stock and that’s his only crime.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I wonder though what yhat will do for background checks on buyinf firearms.

Texas has no law requiring that background checks be done on buying any firearm.

So since Background checks for a purchase are required by federal law and not state law....

This bill clearly states that state agencies leo's etc cant enforce, report, or assist the feds in enforcing federal gun laws that are NOT also Texas laws...

Hmmmmm

Top Bottom