• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason4OC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    I may be totally wrong, but the problem I see is HB 700, in my opinion, is not getting any publicity whatsoever. We need to get the word out to as many people as we can....get everyone to start talking about it. Sure, Texas House passes 12 firearms bills on 'gun day'.....big deal! For now, that is overshadowing HB 700. Why isn't our local Texas media talking about HB 700?????

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    According to some it failed because we supported it.

Personally, I think getting publicity wouldn't have hurt at all. It failed because one man didn't like it and was in a position to stop it from moving. He didn't believe holding it would have a negative effect on his political career so that's what he did.

I think it would have had a lot of statewide support minus a few liberal cities and that may have pushed him to let it move.

Semperscott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    What about sending messages to Perry? He should be willing to push it after all the pushing he is doing to show Texas as a gun friendly state.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    According to some it failed because we supported it.

Personally, I think getting publicity wouldn't have hurt at all. It failed because one man didn't like it and was in a position to stop it from moving. He didn't believe holding it would have a negative effect on his political career so that's what he did.

I think it would have had a lot of statewide support minus a few liberal cities and that may have pushed him to let it move.

I agree with the 2nd part. The first part, is a part of the issue only because of how some decided to "support" it.

And again, there's a very small fraction of a 1% of Texan's that it would even impact. Blasting it to the general public, through the media that loves controversial topics, or topics they can make controversial, wouldn't help at all. How many opponents out of the remaining 99.9% of the public do you think that would activate?

A new Speaker is the primary need. There is a lot of legislative support for a lot of things, but if they can't debate or vote it won't happen. Next we don't need people acting like a lot of folks did. Nor does it help that some of those "outspoken supporters" wouldn't even be effected by it.

Bersa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Dickinson, Texas
    I guess Pickett may have just served his last term in office. I read somewhere he is no more than a democrat with his on agenda. I don't know I guess whatever happens to his future in office will be his own doing's.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I guess Pickett may have just served his last term in office. I read somewhere he is no more than a democrat with his on agenda. I don't know I guess whatever happens to his future in office will be his own doing's.

That is a nice thought but Picket represents a district full of big government, progressive, free stufftypes in El Paso.

Top Bottom