• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I would also point out that constitutionally the federal government exists under the auspices of a joint agreement of the states. Municipalities exist under the auspices of the state government. If they have a problem then they can use those highways to go west until they hit water, and if they are bright enough to stop before they drown, stay there.

It might behoove some to just drive their cars into either ocean!
    Target Sports

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    If passed HB1359, would put the vote to the people of Texas the question of Secession of Texas from the United States of America to form The Republic of Texas!

I would love to this pass and the Vote go to the people of Texas.

Now don’t assume I would vote yes to secede. But I would love to see it go to a vote. This would send a clear message to Washington and a clear FU to Biden.

I agree from "nose to toes" perfect situation would be a VERY close vote that failed to pass!

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Mark you, this will be framed as (insert pet media word here) but ironically these are the same people that believe in easy divorce, open marriages, and the like, despite people promising "till death do us part." Those in favor of this bill MUST push the incoherence of the counter-arguments.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Mark you, this will be framed as (insert pet media word here) but ironically these are the same people that believe in easy divorce, open marriages, and the like, despite people promising "till death do us part." Those in favor of this bill MUST push the incoherence of the counter-arguments.

It seems as though you and many others fsil to understand the bill in its meaning.

If the bill passes and even if the votr passes in November, that dors not mean Texas will suceed.

The bill and the vote if passed will only create a commitee to come up with a 5 year plan for secession.

That plan will then be presented to ohr state legislature and the Governor for approval. Then IF approved will proceed to a Vote of the people of Texas for approval.

Even then.... We still wont have suceeded from the Union. It actually will take a 3rd vote of the People of Texas before we put the plan of sucession into action.

All this bill and vote ask is if the people of Texas want the lawmakers to come up with a plan for secession.

I believe that most of us here do want that. I will vote yes for a secession plan.

As of today, right this minute. I would vote No for secrssion. For many reasons. Onr is we dont we have a plan! But their are other reasons why todsy i would vote no for secession. But i will vote yes to have our lawmakers come up with a plan for secession.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    No, I don't fail to read and comprehend. I'm saying the the S, or I, or T word is likely going to be tagged to anyone in favor of the bill by the likes of CNN, because that's their modus operandi.

Well then My apologies! You are correct those from CNN more then likely will use those words and many others.

However, like many Texans besides myself. Most of us couldn't give a flying "flip" about what CNN has to say as well as dont beleive a word they say and would otherwise tell them to FO! LOL

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Well then My apologies! You are correct those from CNN more then likely will use those words and many others.

However, like many Texans besides myself. Most of us couldn't give a flying "flip" about what CNN has to say as well as dont beleive a word they say and would otherwise tell them to FO! LOL
    It's a PR war - right now. The real need is to figure out how to outflank them in the PR war, try to win, and keep it from becoming gulag or bullets.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Today, 2-8-2021, there isn't sufficient reason to remove Texas from the Union. It's not something that we should do simply because the elected Rulers in Washington are insufferable A-Holes. Given some time, that may change.

I LOVE the USA, I'm loyal and patriotic and I'd hate to leave her. If Liberals keep disrespecting the Constitution and Bill of Rights, making our nation into a Globalist fantasy land, I'll go with Texas. If all goes well, I'll be checking out before that's necessary.

God Bless the USA!
    God Bless Texas!

Flash

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Today, 2-8-2021, there isn't sufficient reason to remove Texas from the Union. It's not something that we should do simply because the elected Rulers in Washington are insufferable A-Holes. Given some time, that may change.

I LOVE the USA, I'm loyal and patriotic and I'd hate to leave her. If Liberals keep disrespecting the Constitution and Bill of Rights, making our nation into a Globalist fantasy land, I'll go with Texas. If all goes well, I'll be checking out before that's necessary.

God Bless the USA!
    God Bless Texas!

Flash

Exactly.... like I said as of today I too would vote NO for secession. However this bill, and the vote in November isn’t about if we will secede or not, he vote and bill are only about coming up with a plan to secede if we choose to do so at later time.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    As good as seceding sounds it won't work. The north whipped the south and they would whip Texas now. We are still suffering from the loss, reconstruction and carpet baggers are still a thorn in Texas, always will be. Look at all the trash moving into our large cities and turning them into leftist cesspools. We can't even control that. Our kids are being educated by the left, both in grade school and university. We have good reason to secede but we better have the means to win the war BEFORE we secede.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    As good as seceding sounds it won't work. The north whipped the south and they would whip Texas now. We are still suffering from the loss, reconstruction and carpet baggers are still a thorn in Texas, always will be. Look at all the trash moving into our large cities and turning them into leftist cesspools. We can't even control that. Our kids are being educated by the left, both in grade school and university. We have good reason to secede but we better have the means to win the war BEFORE we secede.

The North beat the South because they had the manufacturing and able to resupply their troops. The North was just better equipped than the South.

There may be a lot of reasons secession might not work, but a bunch of Northern pansies coming to Texas for a fight, ain't one of them! And IF Texas decided to secede the United States, I suspect it won't be the only one that does.

YOUR kind may be being taught leftist indoctrination in school, but don't assume all children are being led down that path.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    There are several other bills, over a dozen hat are pending in our state congress to actually clean up and help prevent the issues of our November election.

One bill introduced, mandates that the executor of any estate of the death of a Texan is required to file a death certificate with the state election board so that their voter registration may be removed. It also requires that the funeral home, or service also send a copy of death certificate to the election board. Redundancy. The idea of this is to help prevent and remove those who have died from the voting records, so that someone can’t mail in a vote for the deceased.

It’s one of many ways to help reduce voter fraud.

Be simple, require voting in person with a valid state issued ID. Absentee ballots allowed under a very narrow range of conditions, deployed military being one. All absentee ballots mailed to one place for confirmation and counting. Especially not counted down south in that unnamed county.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville

I will tell you exactly why we can win without there even being a war, and even if there is we would still win.

1. In the civil war, the sout did not have the resources, or manufacturing power of the north. They did not have the economy to survive on their own, and they did not have the support from other major nations. We today Texas alone has the manufacturing power, we have the resources.

2. 1/5 of us armed forces including many high ranking generals and others in power have loyalty with Texas first. For many Texans we are Texans first, Americans second. It is estimated that 90% of those would defect to Texas. There are many from other states that would come to our support.

3. other nations. Such as Russia, and several others that have and would give us support on many different levels, including military.

4. Texas has several major military bases, that would become our own, even one with Nuclear capability.

5. Unlike in the civil war, we have several major ammo plants, and gun makers here in Texas.

6. Man red states would vote to let us secede before war would even break out. Even if war did, many would come to our defense as well.

7. Many blue states would reluctantly vote to let us secede become many of those liberal snowflakes wouldn’t want to go to war. They would be so scared of violent conflict that they would vote to let us secede. Such as California and NY, possibly even Maryland, NJ, and Mass.

8. A vote by congress the house and senate. Without presidential approval, or even state legislatures with governor approval can vote to let a state secede. As long as the majority of states approve of Texas seceding we can secede without armed conflict.

9. Lastly Biden is to vain to go down in History to be the president that was in office when the USA suffered their 2nd civil war.

Keep in mind we have the 10th largest economy in the world, with access to the sea, and major resources. We can make it on our own. With or without war.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I will tell you exactly why we can win without there even being a war, and even if there is we would still win.

1. In the civil war, the sout did not have the resources, or manufacturing power of the north. They did not have the economy to survive on their own, and they did not have the support from other major nations. We today Texas alone has the manufacturing power, we have the resources.

2. 1/5 of us armed forces including many high ranking generals and others in power have loyalty with Texas first. For many Texans we are Texans first, Americans second. It is estimated that 90% of those would defect to Texas. There are many from other states that would come to our support.

3. other nations. Such as Russia, and several others that have and would give us support on many different levels, including military.

4. Texas has several major military bases, that would become our own, even one with Nuclear capability.

5. Unlike in the civil war, we have several major ammo plants, and gun makers here in Texas.

6. Man red states would vote to let us secede before war would even break out. Even if war did, many would come to our defense as well.

7. Many blue states would reluctantly vote to let us secede become many of those liberal snowflakes wouldn’t want to go to war. They would be so scared of violent conflict that they would vote to let us secede. Such as California and NY, possibly even Maryland, NJ, and Mass.

8. A vote by congress the house and senate. Without presidential approval, or even state legislatures with governor approval can vote to let a state secede. As long as the majority of states approve of Texas seceding we can secede without armed conflict.

9. Lastly Biden is to vain to go down in History to be the president that was in office when the USA suffered their 2nd civil war.

Keep in mind we have the 10th largest economy in the world, with access to the sea, and major resources. We can make it on our own. With or without war.
    Without Texas electoral votes, the United States would probably never elect another Republican president. That likelihood should be enough to encourage blue state support for Texas secession.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Well said!

IF Texas seceded the United States, I think that would be the catalyst that would be a deciding point for others to follow, and I suspect there would be quite a few that would follow. But, Texas is the tipping point. Texas would have to be the start for others to follow. How many other states would follow Texas into secession? I have no idea, but I think there would be a few that might.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Well said!

IF Texas seceded the United States, I think that would be the catalyst that would be a deciding point for others to follow, and I suspect there would be quite a few that would follow. But, Texas is the tipping point. Texas would have to be the start for others to follow. How many other states would follow Texas into secession? I have no idea, but I think there would be a few that might.

That is very true, here are some thoughts and considerations on that though.

For another state to join us in secession, they would either have to be contiguously connected to Texas. Or to another state that wants to secede that’s connected to Texas, OR they have to have access to the Sea.

A state that is land locked sadly won’t be able to successfully secede.

Another thing you are correct, is that it will Take Texas to get the ball rolling. For that to happen, we need to get this bill passed, and a vote to pass in November. We need a plan formed. Once we form that plan, if it’s a viable plan, then and only then we will get other States to join us.

Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, are 4 states that are considering it. They are all waiting on us though. In Oklahoma’s state legislature,Secession with Texas has already been mentioned.

Top Bottom