• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Been watching and reading about the secession movement for over a decade, not necessarily supporting it and wishing it to be true, but just keeping up with it, reading about it, and knowing that it's there. In my mind, it is a last resort.

Saying that, I never understand when arguments are made that there's no way it could happen or how bad it would turn out for Texas. Without going into deep specifics, nations with far fewer resources and innovation than Texas do just fine. Our economy now would be among the top ten on the planet and potentially greater without the encumbrances of Washington as it relates to energy, taxes, regulations, etc. Then there's the legitimate assumption that we wouldn't be the Lone Ranger (to incorporate two Texas'isms) in such a move either.

Who knows what it would look like? Would it be easy? No. Are there legitimate concerns and issues that would result and need to be addressed? Absolutely.

During the Trump years, this was more of an afterthought for me and went to the back burner. But now there's a senile puppet in place being directed by a gaggle of Marxists, leftist control of both houses of congress, never seen before assault on free speech and free thought including proposed criminalization of such that doesn't fit the narrative of those in power, talk of deprogramming and reeducation camps not just from left-wing Hollywood nutjobs, but from elected officials and members of major media outlets, massive election fraud that was never investigated, packing the SC, not to mention the coming assault on the 2nd Amendment which is just now getting started. I could go on and on because shit is seriously going off the rails and the threats are real for free people. As bad as Obama was, that wasn't shit compared to what's happening now.

When does enough become enough? Would those who wave it away as some looney pipedream continue to do so as things get worse and worse and therefore end up in line to pledge their allegiance to an ideology and denounce everything they love and stand for while turning in their "weapons of war" for pennies on the dollar.......OR would they finally decide they'd had enough and elect to go down a path that, while uncomfortable, would restore their freedoms and way of life that they were promised by the very government taking it away?

I know where I stand. And I think that day is coming where that decision will have to be made.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Besides that....

I dont believe that the p***y Biden would do anything to stop us. Or the democrat congress. The democrats are to chicken shit to start a war, or go down being the ones to start it!

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Not wanting to argue, I just want to know where you found that percentage?

That’s what a Ford exec told me when I was on a flight with him. Now I will admit he could have been blowing smoke up my ass. But to some degree I have to believe him. We all know that the f150 has been the best selling truck for the last 56 years. He didn’t know at the time he said Texas, that I was a Texan. (I was on a flight from Denver to Salt Lake City.

Also keep in mind I doubt Ford would come out with a King Ranch version of their trucks named after one of the largest and longest running ranches in Texas, if Texas didn’t have some clout.

but I will admit he. Luke have blown smoke up my ass. Whatever stats you find from Ford at some point come from Ford. Same goes with any company stats on how many of what they sell where and to who though.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    It could be a serious question.
    But Perry brought up the issue in the face of Obama 5 years ago and the consensus was it was a no go.
    (but we would arguably be the first or second strongest nuclear (weapons) power in the world, wouldn’t have to put up with the likes of Schumer and Pelosi, wouldn’t have to support bailouts of poorly mismanaged states, .....)

It may have been a no go then, but things of changed since Obama. No matter if your a democrat or republicans. Liberal or conservative. Times now are a lot different then they were during Obama. When in our entire history has the public been pissed off enough to raid the capitol! Not even during the riots of the 60’s did that even happen.

like anything though what’s a no go yesterday can be a go today. Or maybe even tomorrow. People that might even vote no today, May end up voting yes in November if Biden does the things he wants to do, or says he wants to do.

What if gets an Assault Weapons Ban enacted, or a mag cap ban enacted, raise taxes by 50%, or even a nation wide red flag law. Or starts a phase out of gasoline based vehicles? At some point more people will be willing to vote yes. Maybe not today, but probably tomorrow.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Or suffer under a crooked administration placed by a rigged election.

I am beginning to believe that there are a lot of people starting to just accept the status quo of whatever Biden and the democrats do in Washington.

Texas tried to sue and it was thrown out by even so call conservative justices in the Supreme Court. The democrats will soon start packing the federal courts. So lawsuits aren’t going to work or help.

How are you going to stop them? Wait 4 years for an election. That maybe to late!

Maybe our only recourse is secession.

besides that.... Biden and the Democrats aren’t going to stop us. They are to much of a p***y to stop us. They don’t like war, and wouldn’t want to be the ones to invade Texas to start it. We won’t start it unless they invade us.

Biden won’t do anything to stop us from seceding.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Here
    Been watching and reading about the secession movement for over a decade, not necessarily supporting it and wishing it to be true, but just keeping up with it, reading about it, and knowing that it's there. In my mind, it is a last resort.

Saying that, I never understand when arguments are made that there's no way it could happen or how bad it would turn out for Texas. Without going into deep specifics, nations with far fewer resources and innovation than Texas do just fine. Our economy now would be among the top ten on the planet and potentially greater without the encumbrances of Washington as it relates to energy, taxes, regulations, etc. Then there's the legitimate assumption that we wouldn't be the Lone Ranger (to incorporate two Texas'isms) in such a move either.

Who knows what it would look like? Would it be easy? No. Are there legitimate concerns and issues that would result and need to be addressed? Absolutely.

During the Trump years, this was more of an afterthought for me and went to the back burner. But now there's a senile puppet in place being directed by a gaggle of Marxists, leftist control of both houses of congress, never seen before assault on free speech and free thought including proposed criminalization of such that doesn't fit the narrative of those in power, talk of deprogramming and reeducation camps not just from left-wing Hollywood nutjobs, but from elected officials and members of major media outlets, massive election fraud that was never investigated, packing the SC, not to mention the coming assault on the 2nd Amendment which is just now getting started. I could go on and on because shit is seriously going off the rails and the threats are real for free people. As bad as Obama was, that wasn't shit compared to what's happening now.

When does enough become enough? Would those who wave it away as some looney pipedream continue to do so as things get worse and worse and therefore end up in line to pledge their allegiance to an ideology and denounce everything they love and stand for while turning in their "weapons of war" for pennies on the dollar.......OR would they finally decide they'd had enough and elect to go down a path that, while uncomfortable, would restore their freedoms and way of life that they were promised by the very government taking it away?

I know where I stand. And I think that day is coming where that decision will have to be made.

Here here! You put into words that my brain couldn’t manage to get my thoughts into!

The courts aren’t going to save us, the next election in 4 years maybe to late.

What other action can we possibly due to put a stop to this insanity?

I know with absolute certainty that the process to secession and once AGAIN becoming “The republic of Texas” will be difficult, hard, expensive and lengthy. It may even mean a civil war. Yet civil war in today’s terms won’t be a war that we will recognize. It will be “gorrila” warfare. In the streets.

However, with that being said. Most liberals and democrats including Biden, are pretty much cowards when it comes to war. They want to pull out of war, lower military budgets. They absolutely don’t want Biden to go down as the one president to invade Texas and start the civil war.

Here is another thought. Someone else in this thread mentioned that the armed forces are madeup of 1/5th Texans. How many of those would stand down, go awol, dessert to the Texas Army if Biden were to order an invasion of Texas?

How many non-Texans who are conservative anti-Biden anti-democrat would do the same?

How many of the high ranking Colonels, and Generals are Texan, or republican, or would support Texas as well? You get enough of the high ranking military to jump ship, and Biden won’t be able to do much.

What about this too... how many other state militias, as well as stat national guard will come to our defense. Oklahoma would, Missouri at one time said they would. What about Louisiana Mississippi Georgia Alabama?

What about other nations coming to our support? To say that no other country would come to our support would be asinine.

If Biden doesn’t allow us to secede, or attempts to stop us. It would be a total clusterfk. He and the democrats know that.

because of that, we have to make an honest showing and attempt that we will if they don’t get their act together.

Here is one thing that everyone keeps forgetting. This is the FIRST time an actual bill has been filed to even get the ball rolling on secession of Texas. All other times it’s all been talk. And nothing but talk. Someone had to get the ball rolling, and that’s what Beiderman has done. He has got the ball rolling.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    People go take the time to read the actual bill.

IF the vote for succession is successful in November the bill already has a basic plan in place for succession.

It creates a committee that will be given 1 year to come up with a 5 year transition plan. The soonest The Republic of Texas would be official is Jan 1, 2028.

The committee per the bill is given a list of what they must negotiate with the USA, as well as what statewide concerns must be addressed as well.

This list includes:

Status of all Federal Lands of all types from Military bases, to National Parks, to Court buildings, and federal law enforcement.

currency and banking

Open border travel same as the EU in Europe.

creating our own Military

Citizenship status. Do we get dual citizenship? Ore then likely yes.

They even included negotiations on payout of Social Security for many of us who have paid into social security for years.

I didn’t list all the items that the committee is required to consider. But suffice it to say. Their is in fact a well thought out plan in place.

This wasn’t some half assed bill written up for secession and filed. The bill does have a plan for secession a 6 year plan.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I don't think social security would be a problem, some people live in foreign countries and collect.
    True, if you are already collecting SS. But what about all those folks who have paid in all their working lives, but have not quite reached the age to retire? Would they still be able to collect SS based on the qualifying 40 quarters? Or would a vindictive US gov cut them off? No citizenship, no SS.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    This is brilliant, but we need to expand on it. Texas is a viable Country on it's own- BUT:
    There is a backlash against 'coastal liberalism', that extends from the Gulf to Alaska - and may include Western Canada!
    If this entire area were to even talk about consolidating as a monolithic block it would represent the major economic engine of the Western hemisphere. It would be a nightmare for the left.
    I like giving liberals nightmares. All we need to do is TALK THIS UP! Will it ever happen? I do not think so, then again I never thought we would see a whore 'elected' VP.
    Anything can happen!

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW

Yep, and Texas has experience being its own nation before statehood.

And I agree- I don't seek it out, but push comes to shove, I have no problem with it.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Lots of silly talk.
    Yeah, it is always fun to imagine a rebirth of the Republic of Texas and how we would rank in the world. I have indulged in such myself.
    But all this internet tough guy talk about actually trying to secede is just that... nothing but talk.
    And rather dumb talk, IMO.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Lots of silly talk.
    Yeah, it is always fun to imagine a rebirth of the Republic of Texas and how we would rank in the world. I have indulged in such myself.
    But all this internet tough guy talk about actually trying to secede is just that... nothing but talk.

Your previous post, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Now, you're just acting like a jerk. There is no internet tough talk. It's just a discussion.

BTW, did you even read the bill that was proposed? I'm going to make an assumption you haven't. But what is clear, you don't agree with Texas seceding the United States, and that is entirely your opinion, but you don't need to act like a jerk towards others for having an supportive opinion of Texas leaving the Union.

You do believe and support the 1st Amendment I hope?

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    This is brilliant, but we need to expand on it. Texas is a viable Country on it's own- BUT:
    There is a backlash against 'coastal liberalism', that extends from the Gulf to Alaska - and may include Western Canada!
    If this entire area were to even talk about consolidating as a monolithic block it would represent the major economic engine of the Western hemisphere. It would be a nightmare for the left.
    I like giving liberals nightmares. All we need to do is TALK THIS UP! Will it ever happen? I do not think so, then again I never thought we would see a whore 'elected' VP.
    Anything can happen!

Thats right anything will happen.

I hear some people say they would like it but say it wont pass in november.

Well heres what i have to say to that. if you really believe it wont pass in November then vote Yes for it, it wont hurt since you say it wont pass!

Like i said in another post, we need to get it to fo for a vote, because even if it doesnt pass and it looses only be a slim margin it WILL send a message to washinton and rest of the US.

Like i also said.... there has been talk for ages of seceeding. However this IS the first time we have started to do more and actually make the first step towards seceeding. Its a start and uou have to start somewhere!

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Whats interesting, is i have reported this as a nees story to all major network local news stations for dallas sa-austin and Houston and not one has even reported it in the news. Which means they (media) want to keep this hush hush until they cant ignore it any longer.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Lots of silly talk.

So whats YOUR solution to stopping the stupidty of the liberal democrats in washington?

Or are you just going to accept loosing your gun rights, higher taxes, higher fuel costs, loosing your job eventually to a foreigner or worse an illegal immigrant? Court packing. Etc..

Are you willing to just accept the satus quo?

Before it was all talk. Now it isnt. now we actually have a bill filed. Its the first step of many. It is now MORE then just talk. If it was just talk then a bill would not have been filed.

Next step is get the bill passed, the third step is get the vote passed.

If you want more then just talk what would you say needs to be done as a first step if it isnt a bill?

If you dont support Texas Seceeding, that is your right, and in Novemeber you are well within your right to vote NO, for whatever reason you dont want Texas to become the Republic of Texas.

But to say its just talk is BS, because now it is NO longer just talk since a Bill was filed to have it go to a vote of the people.

Go read the Bill!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Whats interesting, is i have reported this as a nees story to all major network local news stations for dallas sa-austin and Houston and not one has even reported it in the news. Which means they (media) want to keep this hush hush until they cant ignore it any longer.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least. A story like this breaking on the major news media, could have a lot of influence in the direction they don't want. It would bring to light why Texas want to secede, which brings attention in something they would rather go unheard of.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    f you really believe it wont pass in November then vote Yes for it
    I will definitely vote yes. While I don't believe secession will happen in my lifetime, I'm all in favor of it being formally studied. After all, the question that will be on the ballot...
    Should the legislature of the State of Texas submit a plan for leaving the United States of America and establishing an independent republic?
    ...is something that no one could really object to, could they? Well, I suppose it could be viewed as a waste of resources but I don't see any other downside to simply looking at the issue and taking 5 years to draw up a plan, something to be put in a drawer and pulled out for use only if things well and truly go to hell.

Doesn't everyone believe in contingency planning?

Top Bottom