• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I took the CHL class back near the beginning.it included class, picture, fingerprints, and all the paperwork. $126.
    Today its $80 and your on your own beyond the class time. I'd love to see these "instructors" go back to patrol.
    I understand reciprocity but the LTC is not necessary. The Feds could just fix the reciprocity thing.

Would you complain about being hung with a new rope?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Another thought. If Unlicensed Carry passes and the LTC is eliminated, will anyone buying a gun in a retail store or at a gun show have to do NICS. Currently with a LTC you show the LTC, fill out the 4473 and walk out with your gun. What about those with a "John Smith" type name? They would most certainly get the three day wait. Potential impact to out of town dealers at gun shows. When I had my FFL, had a guy with a name like that, never got a CHL and was interested only in surplus rifles. He was delayed everly time

There might be many John Smith but each has a unique SS number. Did your JS include his? Many don't because it is optional and many get delayed because of it. I do and I have a name that is common with a few felonious folks, one in Texas and I haven't been delayed in a long time and my "John Smiths" are still a felons.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    The reason I ask is your complaint is crap. When the course was a minimum of 10 and maximum of 16 hours long some folks would help with your packet. You still needed a notary and you still needed passport photos. You also needed fingerprints. Not every LTC Instructor had a camera that would take passport photos nor where they all certified to get fingerprints. Now the class is a minimum of four hours/maximum of 6 hours, the application is done on line ( takes 10 minutes ), and they use your Texas DL photo. The only thing you have to do in person is get your prints scanned by a business contracted through TX DPS. The system is faster and easier. So please let me thank you for taking the opportunity to bitch.
    Would complain about being hung. Obviously you would enjoy a new rope.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That is outstanding to hear! They wouldn't have ever publicly supported such a bill several years ago.

There's been a pretty strong redirection of TSRA over the past few years - which is one of the reasons I encourage folks to get involved. By and large, they're MUCH more open-minded and prepared to do even more. I can tell you that any program change/update I've suggested has been well received.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    There's been a pretty strong redirection of TSRA over the past few years - which is one of the reasons I encourage folks to get involved. By and large, they're MUCH more open-minded and prepared to do even more. I can tell you that any program change/update I've suggested has been well received.

Good to hear.
    Thanks TRN.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    If you have read HB1911, please inform me where it has anything to do with Texas Citizens right to carry without LTC?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If you have read HB1911, please inform me where it has anything to do with Texas Citizens right to carry without LTC?

If you've read it and think you still will have to have a license to carry open OR concealed in Texas, you need Reading 101.

Personally, I'll maintain my LTC, though - too handy for out of state travel, and bypassing NICS.

Top Bottom