• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I do not know what the LI in LIDR stands for, yet. A LEO will see the CHL when he checks you by name and date of birth which he is going to do to make sure you are not wanted.

Right, I think that's what the general assumption is. That an LEO will find out when they go back to their car to run your TDL, using a traffic stop as an example.

So we're still back to the same questions I asked. Unless he's wanting to keep it a secret from LEO's unless we hand them the CHL.

If so, I'm curious what the benefit from that would be. Of course it's all theoretical because that won't happen.

dmkav24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    guys' contact your rep, and let them know that that open carry law needs to be in conjunction with a consealed carry so you have the option not one or the other other wise it could get real bad

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    I try to look at it from a LEO point of view though. When they run you they will see that you have a CHL and now they are not sure if you are or are not carrying. If you are carrying legally I don't see a problem with presenting the CHL and notifying the LEO in an effort to not cause any bad misunderstandings.

What if you're carrying legally, but don't have a CHL?

If you have a CHL, this law isn't going to forbid you from showing it off to any LEOs who ask for ID, just make it voluntary.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    guys' contact your rep, and let them know that that open carry law needs to be in conjunction with a consealed carry so you have the option not one or the other other wise it could get real bad

Agreed, but that has nothing to do with the bill this thread is about. There are already threads discussing open carry.

Top Bottom