• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    This will be an intellectual discussion of what the future's headlines will be should certain trends continue unabated. Please try to postpone the inevitable silliness for as long as you can, I'm truly interested in hearing what others think the future will hold. Here goes:

INDIA AND CHINA RESORT TO NUCLEAR WEAPONS TO STAVE OFF ATTACKS FROM THE ISLAMIC UNION OF WORLD WIDE CALIPHATES.

BRITISH PRIME MINISTER SIR MOHAMMED bin AL-OSAMA JOINS WITH EUROPEAN ISLAMIC COMMUNITY IN DECLARATION OF WAR ON ISRAEL.

PRESIDENT WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON III OF THE LIBERAL STATES OF AMERICA SIGNS SURRENDER DOCUMENTS.

THE INDEPENDENT REPUBLIC OF TEXAS CELEBRATES IT'S FIRST CENTENNIAL.
    Venture Surplus ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The first one assumes that the various Islamic groups could ever get together to form a union of world wide caliphates. That's not possible. Look at the news coming out of Iraq right now. They like to shoot each other almost as much as they like to shoot at infidels. Even if they got their act together, both China and India will have economic weapons that should make the nuclear option unnecessary.

The last three, unlikely as they seem to me, are all over 50 years in the future.

So, my first reaction as to what the future will hold is "none of those".

It's taken the U.K. about 200 years to fall from world super-power to "nice place to visit but a joke, power-wise." I think the U.S. is about half-way down that road. How that will translate into headlines, I dunno.

OTOH, there's such incredible potential in South America. I hope a couple of nations down there get their act together and, if they do, that will produce some feel-good headlines.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    yes, definitely over 50 years from now, I'm thinking more along the lines of 3-4 generations hence.

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    At the rate we are going none of our headlines will be in English soon. We are being colonized by the third world influx of unskilled people who will never give up their national loyalties.

TheRef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    20 KILLED 40 WOUNDED in shooting at private Christian School - An armed man later identified as Congressional Medal of Honor recipient Sgt Bowe Bergdahl burst into a Christian elementary school and shot 20 students and teachers to death while injuring another 40. Witnesses state the man shouted "Allauh Akbar" and "Death to all Infidels" while firing over 6000 rounds through a Bushmaster assault weapon with 500 round clips. The tragedy has stirred additional calls for more gun control in Washington.

CONGRESS PASSES GUN VIOLENCE BILL - In a unanimous vote, congress passes the "Saving Heros in Termoil (SHiT) Act which effective bans all former service members evaluated for PTSD from owning a firearm. The bill comes on the heels of last months Bergdahl shooting where a former service hero legally purchased firearms despite his being tested for PTSD.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    BREAKING NEWS- Former First Lady Hillary Clinton Still Fat and Unattractive

THIS JUST IN- Former First Lady Michelle Obama Still Looks Mean at 90

George H W Bush skydives on his 100th Birthday

Rick Perry Shoots and Kills Armed Robbers While Jogging: He's still Jogging With a .380

MSNBC EXCLUSIVE: We Hate Guns and Slander People Who Don't Agree With us Based On No Facts

Peyton Manning EXPOSED: Horse DNA?

Eli Still a Mouth Breather

T.U. Longhorn Football Underachieving AGAIN

Houston Astros: Trades Springer Because He's Doing A Good Job Hitting and They Have José Altuve That Already Does That

Houston Astros Lose Over 100 Games Again! (Why Did they Trade Pence and Springer?)

Texas A&M Bends Space Enabling Travel Faster Than The Speed of Light

Barak Obama Still Hates The US Constitution: Orderes Drone Strikes On Tea Party in America, 2nd Nobel Peace Prize Awarded

Top Bottom