Heads up! $69 lowers at AIM

smittyb

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Nov 12, 2009
Cut N Shoot
AIM currently has stripped lower receivers for $69. They are Surplus Arms and Ammo brand, keyhole forge and multi caliber marked.
There is a limit of 3 per person.
I ordered my 3 this morning ;)
PS. They also have surplus 5.45x39 on sale for $360 a 2160 rd crate... Delivered

smittyb

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Nov 12, 2009
Cut N Shoot
Well, it's a keyhole forged marked lower, so it's a good quality forging.
It is a fairly well know brand, lot of builds on em, probably some complaints but no more than others I don't think.

wakal

Dreadnaught Industries LLC
Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
Mar 20, 2011
Zephyr
I've transferred a lot of them. Speaking from a manufacturer's prospective, the machine work is acceptable but they cut corners on finishing. There is a rather large difference between knocking the chunks off and anodizing, sandblasting and anodizing, and blasting/shot peening/anodizing. Then there is anodizing, type II anodizing, type III anodizing...

For $69 they are a hell of a deal. I know how much it costs me to machine lowers and then finish them properly, and that is a very good retail price point for a functional product.

But then, I think the plastic lowers are neat too :)

Alex

smittyb

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Nov 12, 2009
Cut N Shoot
I've transferred a lot of them. Speaking from a manufacturer's prospective, the machine work is acceptable but they cut corners on finishing. There is a rather large difference between knocking the chunks off and anodizing, sandblasting and anodizing, and blasting/shot peening/anodizing. Then there is anodizing, type II anodizing, type III anodizing...

For $69 they are a hell of a deal. I know how much it costs me to machine lowers and then finish them properly, and that is a very good retail price point for a functional product.

But then, I think the plastic lowers are neat too :)

Alex
And none of it matters if you Duracoat or Cerakote it.

TxBigfoot

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 10, 2011
Red Oak
Is that a good quality lower? Not familiar with that brand m self.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
I've built 5 or 6 rifles on those receivers, no complaints here.

Top Bottom