• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    AIM currently has stripped lower receivers for $69. They are Surplus Arms and Ammo brand, keyhole forge and multi caliber marked.
    There is a limit of 3 per person.
    I ordered my 3 this morning ;)
    PS. They also have surplus 5.45x39 on sale for $360 a 2160 rd crate... Delivered
    Military Camp

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Well, it's a keyhole forged marked lower, so it's a good quality forging.
    It is a fairly well know brand, lot of builds on em, probably some complaints but no more than others I don't think.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I've transferred a lot of them. Speaking from a manufacturer's prospective, the machine work is acceptable but they cut corners on finishing. There is a rather large difference between knocking the chunks off and anodizing, sandblasting and anodizing, and blasting/shot peening/anodizing. Then there is anodizing, type II anodizing, type III anodizing...

For $69 they are a hell of a deal. I know how much it costs me to machine lowers and then finish them properly, and that is a very good retail price point for a functional product.

But then, I think the plastic lowers are neat too :)

Alex

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I've transferred a lot of them. Speaking from a manufacturer's prospective, the machine work is acceptable but they cut corners on finishing. There is a rather large difference between knocking the chunks off and anodizing, sandblasting and anodizing, and blasting/shot peening/anodizing. Then there is anodizing, type II anodizing, type III anodizing...

For $69 they are a hell of a deal. I know how much it costs me to machine lowers and then finish them properly, and that is a very good retail price point for a functional product.

But then, I think the plastic lowers are neat too :)

Alex
    And none of it matters if you Duracoat or Cerakote it.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    And none of it matters if you Duracoat or Cerakote it.

Not true, as such...if you do a quality finish job the edges are all broken nicely, and the lower feels smooth. Paint covers but does not round edges so the part still feels sharp...and paint wears off sharp edges faster.

And of course shot peening and hard anodizing (III) result in a metal surface that is harder. Paint, any paint, sticks to the surface...and wears off softer metal faster as the surface takes damage under use.

Elementary :)

$69 is a good retail price for a functional lower. Buy lots of them!

Alex

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Not true, as such...if you do a quality finish job the edges are all broken nicely, and the lower feels smooth. Paint covers but does not round edges so the part still feels sharp...and paint wears off sharp edges faster.

And of course shot peening and hard anodizing (III) result in a metal surface that is harder. Paint, any paint, sticks to the surface...and wears off softer metal faster as the surface takes damage under use.

Elementary :)

$69 is a good retail price for a functional lower. Buy lots of them!

Alex
    I was including aluminum oxide blasting before coating. Sorry I didn't specify.

Top Bottom