• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Car was robbed early this morning. They left the GPS, took a crusty old iPod, jumper cables, a box of brass AND my Rock River AR.

Serial # is 93530. General description is a 14.5'' with a pinned AAC brakeout suppressor adapter. Rattled canned light brown, viking tactics sling, surefire scout light, Aimpoint comp m2 optic, raptor charging handle, new Nickel Boron bcg, ALG Act FCG.

Last seen yesterday afternoon.
    Gun Zone Deals

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Car was robbed early this morning. They left the GPS, took a crusty old iPod, jumper cables, a box of brass AND my Rock River AR.

Serial # is 93530. General description is a 14.5'' with a pinned AAC brakeout suppressor adapter. Rattled canned light brown, viking tactics sling, surefire scout light, Aimpoint comp m2 optic, raptor charging handle, new Nickel Boron bcg, ALG Act FCG.

Last seen yesterday afternoon.
    Damn! Sorry for your loss. Out of curiosity was that the box of brass I was going to pick up from you?

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Damn! Sorry for your loss. Out of curiosity was that the box of brass I was going to pick up from you?

yup. sorry man.

they stole an ipod full of christian music (left the bible, though).

I am thinking someone was watching me, possible as i was unload/loading for the 3gun match this past weekend. No other neighbors reported anything.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    yup. sorry man.

they stole an ipod full of christian music (left the bible, though).

I am thinking someone was watching me, possible as i was unload/loading for the 3gun match this past weekend. No other neighbors reported anything.
    Dang man sure hope you get your gun back. Sounds like they did a favor for you with the ipod.

Kidding about the Ipod.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    why was it in your car overnight?

yeah, got caught up with something and forgot to take it in.

they didn't take my GPS which makes me believe they know no pawn shop would take those things.

I am concerned that my house is being watched though. that has me unnerved.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    You have GOT to be sh*tting me. Was the house on fire? Wife go into labor?

Probably a very legitimate concern, now that they know what kind of items are to be had.

daughter was sick.

They TOOK every bag in my car. it was in a 5.11 cvrt bag that looks like a skater bag.

so they also nabbed my rather high-end camelbak i use when i am mountain biking. smells like sweat and BO, but had lots of nice goodies in it.

I've alerted RED's range incase someone rolls in shooting righty with a rifle setup for a south paw.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    If you left it laying on the seat with the door unlocked, these pricks still have no right to your stuff. Hopefully they accidentally shoot their nuts off, and it's recovered.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    If you left it laying on the seat with the door unlocked, these pricks still have no right to your stuff. Hopefully they accidentally shoot their nuts off, and it's recovered.

no, i didn't. as noted above, they took my other bag (camelbak) which was stored in the rear also. 5.11 bag held the rifle and no one would know what was in that unless they took the time to open it. i think they grabbed what looked propper and hauled ass. they did a nice search of the rear and found jumper cables, but left med kit.

cop dusted hatch for prints, but said it may take a while because they have to go to DPS for that kind of stuff.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Are you for real? He should have been able to leave the rifle sitting on the roof of the car and not have it messed with. The thief is in the wrong, not him.

Ive been robbed at knifepoint before for my bike. Assholes would say "why were u riding your bike"? Im a mt. Biker and i know even having a bike rack on my car around austin makes me a target.

im coming to terms with what happened, it happened.... Insurance helps but i just want my property back.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Are you for real? He should have been able to leave the rifle sitting on the roof of the car and not have it messed with. The thief is in the wrong, not him.
    I am not blaming the victim as you imply. However much we might wish it to be otherwise, we don't live in a Utopian world--at least I don't. It always saddens me to hear that a firearm was stolen from a vehicle, because it is so easily preventable: lock it down or remove it altogether. He said he was distracted by a sick child. Enough said.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom