• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Please forgive me for repeating something we've all heard so much recently, but I've got to say it on TGT for the record:

Politically and socially, this is not the America I grew up in.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I was never expecting it not to go through the house. They are freakin loons in the House.

Senate will be the real deal.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    I don't have, or can't produce the words to describe how I feel.

I believe I will go to Elm Fork tomorrow with my O/U and pretend the birds have little faces that I recognize...

Jeff B.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    My concern is how a country this great can end up with someone like Pelosi in third chair of power.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I was never expecting it not to go through the house. They are freakin loons in the House.

Senate will be the real deal.

I hope you're right, or we're totally screwed. If they pass this bill and it's made law, then no matter how far down the line it, hypothetically speaking, is repealed the general bureaucracy will always be in place. Look at Prohibition. When the 18th Amendment was repealed we could all legally drink again, but look at the other laws, government agencies, etc., that remained and are with us today bastardizing the Constitution and cluttering up our lives with Nanny State laws.

My concern is how a country this great can end up with someone like Pelosi in third chair of power.

That, my friend, is the scary thing about politics and public ignorance when voting.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    The senate will be the place where the political sheep meet the political wolfs.
    Based on my gut feeling the warm and fuzzy feeling has started wearing off and the professional politicians will avoid a bill that could most probably cut their paychecks and limit their political future.
    Even Dems are having real serious fears of this bill; that's why it's taken this long to get where we are.
    The left has had the votes they never needed the right to pass this bill this far but political fear has caused delay.
    My -I think Obama knew he would never be re-elected but he also knew that in JUST two years he could lay the ground work that WOULD destroy this country. The players were in place, the national attitude was right and the hand is quicker than the eye!
    What I fear more than this health care issue is all the privet meetings, back room deals and secret promises!

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    AARP again endorsed this freedom and money robbing bill, as a senior I find it difficult to convince "some" seniors this bill hurts them and the entire country young and old, AARP I read has 4 million members and only 60,000 have drop their membership.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    AARP I read has 4 million members and only 60,000 have drop their membership.

Those people are cheesing me off. Cancel your AARP membership or don't say one word about rationing or higher prices.

AARP stands to make a ton of money off suplimentary insurance sales.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    For what it's worth, I contacted both Senators for my state (Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer :rolleyes:) and urged them in polite, yet strong terms to vote no on the health care bill. I'm so effing mad about what's going on it almost makes me physically ill. :mad:

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    From what I've heard, not yet read, Cao received a $1.2 billion "debt forgiveness" package for voting yes. So, we paid both times. To top it off, Gibbs is saying the bill was bi-partisan by definition.

WASHINGTON, DC – The Health Care Bill has passed in the House of Representatives. Joseph Cao, the one Republican to vote for it, is being ostracized by his constituents.

[url]http://weeklyworldnews.com/politics/13469/cao-votes-for-health-care/[/URL]

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    The other thing that makes you want to vomit is that at this time (and depending on the poll quoted) about 40% of Americans are for the health bill. I'd like to know what percentage of those Americans are educated enough about the bill to know it has a provision for fining and imprisoning people who do not want it. Shocking!

Top Bottom